whisky lovers

• 2 weeks later...

My dearly departed Glendronach 18 has just gone to the great bottlebank in the sky. Will be sadly missed and fondly remembered.

I got it for a touch over £70, but when I went looking for another it seems to have jumped in price to around the £100 mark.

So I've went for the 12 year old at just under £35 instead. 

Who's tried it? 

download.png

20 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:
40 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
Thanks for the fucking input.

You could have read the topic title before making a tit of yourself.

You're the only fucking tit here over what was essentially an auto-correct that I couldn't be bothered changing. 

11 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Not a huge whiskey guy but can anyone recommend something smooth and cheerful as an accompaniment for hiking?

Ok then assuming no stray “e”  , Balblair is light and easy drinking , if you want somthing more meaty as a pick me up Glenfarclas 105, and  to provide a jump start a Caol Ila should do the trick , but remember to take enough for herr Mullarkey as well 

Edited by bishopburn boy

12 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:
12 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
Not a huge whiskey guy but can anyone recommend something smooth and cheerful as an accompaniment for hiking?

Jamiesons, Bushmills, Jack Daniels etc. Alternatively,you could try whisky, the stuff made in Scotland.

Settle down, lads. This is a civilised wee corner, away from the football nonsense.

17 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Thanks for the tip. I tried a Jura soem years ago which was lovely and not burning, this would be similar?

Balblair - no Burney

glenfarclas 105 , 60% alcohol, not peaty but if not careful , burney 

caol ila , peaty , so medicinal burney 

depends what you want , if you go back a page or so you will find i’m Not a fan of Jura 

a surprise to me was trying Tullibardine 228 , finished in a red wine cask , really nice , and not burney ...

( have we happened upon a new binary classification system ?)

19 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I meant you were defending the whiskey discussion which means you are obviously a Celtic supporter.

Was only asking the boys to simmer down. It was an autocorrect error followed by an amusing riposte. Then the pair of them went for it. I've not tried Irish whiskey but have enjoyed some of the American stuff, for what it's worth.