whisky lovers

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

Not sure when the ballot ended but there are already a few bottles being hawked on Whisky Auctioneer. 

Absolute wankers. No better than ticket touting. 

Edit to add the auctioneers should be telling people to sling their hook trying to sell brand new bottles.

Edited by GiGi

Absolute wankers. No better than ticket touting. 
Edit to add the auctioneers should be telling people to sling their hook trying to sell brand new bottles.

Whisky hammer etc... Thats all they are full of. Everytime Macallan release some "limited edition" bollocks they are rife.

Cant really blame folk tbh. They bottles arent drinkers. 100 and more notes for some 40% NAS pishwater.... Macallan are clever but thatd the cost

I'd actually be all for the SWA ruling that whisky can't be resold above RRP within 2 years of bottling if they ever had the power to do so. 

It's a damned shame that so many accessible whiskies are being hoovered up by these p***ks while genuine enthusiasts miss out or pay over the odds.

I'd actually be all for the SWA ruling that whisky can't be resold above RRP within 2 years of bottling if they ever had the power to do so. 
It's a damned shame that so many accessible whiskies are being hoovered up by these p***ks while genuine enthusiasts miss out or pay over the odds.
I have no objection to dross like Concept or Folio being hawked on these sites. Saddening when its stuff like Daftmill though. Iv never tried their stuff. Unless I get lucky in a ballot I probably never will but it sounds like a good distillery. I know a guy who knows the guy and speak highly of him.

Whisky table:

Ancnoc Black Hill Reserve
Glenlivet Founders Reserve
Lagavulin 16yo
Scapa 14 yo
Talisker 10 yo
Baker’s 7 yo
Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey

I don’t like some of that, but it’s what I went for at the time.

I currently have (I get a lot of gifts)

Glenfiddich 12

Laphroaig 10

Talisker Skye

Talisker 10

Dalwhinnie  Winter Gold 

Chivas 12

Edradour Caledonia

Highland Park Harald 

Port Askaig 

Akashi Japanese Blend

Johnny Walker Black

stuff I have bought myself recently 

Craigellachie  SC 11

Bunnahabhainn SC 13 Marsala Finish 

Powers 12

Bunnahabhainn An Cladach 

Glen Scotia Campbelltown 

I'm going to put a moratorium on any more gifts because I spend as much time necking  stuff I'm not fussed about.

On 25/06/2019 at 16:53, invergowrie arab said:

I currently have (I get a lot of gifts)

Glenfiddich 12

Laphroaig 10

Talisker Skye

Talisker 10

Dalwhinnie  Winter Gold 

Chivas 12

Edradour Caledonia

Highland Park Harald 

Port Askaig 

Akashi Japanese Blend

Johnny Walker Black

stuff I have bought myself recently 

Craigellachie  SC 11

Bunnahabhainn SC 13 Marsala Finish 

Powers 12

Bunnahabhainn An Cladach 

Glen Scotia Campbelltown 

I'm going to put a moratorium on any more gifts because I spend as much time necking  stuff I'm not fussed about.

Just invite us over , we can help make a dent!

Edited by bishopburn boy

On 29/06/2019 at 18:22, Savage Henry said:

A colleague bought me a bottle of the Glenfiddich IPA. I’m really not tasting the beer other than very early at the front. Maybe I need to add water? Or is it just not very good?

I thought it had a wee piney taste to it. I quite enjoyed it as an easy drinker.

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 19:51, invergowrie arab said:

I thought it had a wee piney taste to it. I quite enjoyed it as an easy drinker.

This will have an impact on Whisky production due to the amount of barrels imported by producers.

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-jim-beam-fire-20190703-story.html

Edited by Zen Archer

Not so sure , given the grain distilleries  alone do about 500,000,000  litres a year the 9,000,000 loss of 45,000 barrels ( assuming 200 l per barrel) it’s about a weeks worth of spirit , - I don’t have decent recent production numbers for malts , but at a guess another 30 % to 40% ( given say 30 % malt in a standard blend and the other 10% for singles ) 

stuff will just sit in tanks for a day longer as they shuffle barrels around , also as the new upgrades at Strathclyde and Cameron bridge are now coming up to 3 years old , there will be extra refill barrels appearing , hopefully reducing some of the strain on demand for new wood from there and allowing what was increased capacity on wood to trickle into the rest of the sector.

zen  - at first I thought you were right , but when I did some sums in my head the only conclusion was that the numbers are staggering when you stand back , that’s a lot of drams !

Edited by bishopburn boy