whisky lovers

I have never tried it myself but a quick glance at the Whisky Bible (by Jim Murray) says that the 12 yo is "Brilliant. Absolutely stunning, with the peat playing games on the palate....94%"

Hes not always right of course but that is pretty high praise from him. I would enjoy that bottle if I were you.

I have never tried it myself but a quick glance at the Whisky Bible (by Jim Murray) says that the 12 yo is "Brilliant. Absolutely stunning, with the peat playing games on the palate....94%"

Hes not always right of course but that is pretty high praise from him. I would enjoy that bottle if I were you.

Thanks for the feedback mate.

I sure will :)

had a wee tasting session last night with my birthday malts.

diuranaich 16 yo absolute lovely.like a glass of mince pie.best kept for winter tho

talisker 57* north. amazing whisky.really sharp and zesty and a huge kick with the 57% strength.

the laddie 10 yo. pretty disappointing.no depth. not a fan of an unpeated islay.

dalwhinnie 15 yo. really nice. vanilla, creamy like custard

royal lochnagar. couldnt be more different than dalwhinnie even tho both highland. dry,woody but good.

laphroaig 10 yo. always a good one.smokebomb

Went through my cupboard the other day and found an unopened bottle of macallan's amber liquor. I have a bottle I was keeping as I knew it had been discontinued but never knew I had this second bottle, never got round to opening it like I had planned but curiosity made me Google it to see how much it sells for, was quite surprised to see it selling for £100 a bottle as it had cost me less than £20 per bottle. Doubt I'll bother opening the second bottle now.

• 4 weeks later...

so you say, so you say.

And yes, the bet is still on, full proper bottle, I think they are both about the £50 mark (yer no getting the £300 one I saw online the other day :P )

As you said, I'm prob one of the few that you trust to pony up, its going to be the same the other way.

Although I could get you a bottle signed by the FM if you like... ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1376399768.900671.jpg

Just bought a bottle of this baby in Asda. £20 reduced from £34.

Great price, I reckon it'll fly off the shelves. Get up there quick lads.

I think people should post any good deals they see on to this thread.

One of my favourite distilleries is Glenlivet and the 18yo is on offer in Asda just now for £30.

I think that you'd struggle to get a better whisky for that price.

Edited by Ziggy