whisky lovers

1 hour ago, bishopburn boy said:

Was in heefrow and picked up one of the throne of games bottles , the Lagavulin 9 , not got it open yet , has anybody else risked a swally , wondering how different to the 8 yo it can be , but they mugged me and I paid up for the 9 

at at the moment , both the 8 and 9 are more expensive than the 16 ( which is bonkers and shows the power of advertising ) if only the cask strength 12 was a reasonable price ( the 2018 has crept over the hundred quid no go point ) I’d be happier 

swines 

You’ve been mugged.

No but I have heard others say its ok. I havent bought it as I know il want it to be Abunadh and it wont be [emoji26]

Iv ordered and should receive today a bottle of Talisker 57 North.

This was on the recommendation of this thread a long time ago but cant remember who said it!

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

No but I have heard others say its ok. I havent bought it as I know il want it to be Abunadh and it wont be emoji26.png

Iv ordered and should receive today a bottle of Talisker 57 North.

This was on the recommendation of this thread a long time ago but cant remember who said it!

All I keep reading about the Abunadh is the massive hike in price/drop in quality of some of the later batches

I've seen at as 'low' as £58 on Amazon, currently at £62. What's your thoughts, at what point is it worth/not worth it?

Be keen to hear a wee review of the 57 North as well, I'm a fan of Talisker 10.

31 minutes ago, Peedzy said:

All I keep reading about the Abunadh is the massive hike in price/drop in quality of some of the later batches

I've seen at as 'low' as £58 on Amazon, currently at £62. What's your thoughts, at what point is it worth/not worth it?

Should be cracking the Talisker tonight mucker.

57 North isn’t as nice as the 10, to my taste anyway. I was a bit underwhelmed by it, actually.

57 North isn’t as nice as the 10, to my taste anyway. I was a bit underwhelmed by it, actually.
First dram out the bottle underway. Enjoying it so far. Havent really dabbled much in Talisker but between this and the 10 (tried either Storm or Skye, dismissed as generic NAS shite) its just the right amount of smoke for me I think. Really warming but plenty of flavour too. Certainly not overpowering.

I'm the one who crows about 57N to anyone who will listen. 

Talisker 10 is my favourite supermarket whisky  and 57N was probably my first cask strength.  I still think its an outstanding dram really nice balance of peppery and smoky although I tend more towards Springbank and Glen Scotia these days

12 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I'm the one who crows about 57N to anyone who will listen. 

Talisker 10 is my favourite supermarket whisky  and 57N was probably my first cask strength.  I still think its an outstanding dram really nice balance of peppery and smoky although I tend more towards Springbank and Glen Scotia these days

I might need to give it another go in that case.  Like you, Talisker 10 is my go to bog standard bottle, with the Lagavulin D.E 16 year old for special occasions.  

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
15 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:
Anybody had the Dalwhinnie Winter's Frost? Mrs is back in Scotland and I've asked her to bring back a couple of things that don't make it to the US. 

Iv had the Winters Gold its shite. Sorry. x

Much appreciated, that makes room in the suitcase for something non-shite.