whisky lovers

Got a bottle of Glenrothes Select Reserve from the sister for Xmas - decent enough dram.

Got a bottle of Glenmorangie 18 y/o from the folks - beautiful dram and will be keeping to have as an occasional drink.

Having the mother work as distillery manageress has its perks!

Bought a bottle of Bunnahabhain Toiteach (apparently that means smokey in gaelic) but I think I'm giving it to my father in law for a late xmas present.

Hopefully he opens it and I can try it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Going to open a Glenmorangie Nector D'Or tonight.

How you enjoying that Mozza? Smooth and sweet eh? . ( the whisky btw)

You should try the Quinta rubhan in the same range. Port wood finish - absolutely fantastic .

Been drinking a nice 15 Yo bowmore sherry wood finish- great balance of sweet spicy sherry notes and smoke. Worth a go.

On Islay today, have been to Bowmore and Bruichladdich distilleries. Had a stunning 18yo dram at Bowmore standing on their terrace with this view. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1427230153.323508.jpg

Very jealous. Post a few more pics if you have any. You going to head over to ardbeg? Great whisky to try if you like laphroaig.

Very jealous. Post a few more pics if you have any. You going to head over to ardbeg? Great whisky to try if you like laphroaig.

Been to Ardbeg also, just for a coffee sadly! Got the wee man with me so my nip opportunities are reduced. Hoping to get to Caol Ila before I leave.

Here's a photo from Monday looking over to Port Ellen. The old distillery is the white building at about 11 o'clock.post-28011-14272660153999_thumb.jpg

Managed to cram a few distilleries in today thanks to a friendly babysitter!

At Caol Ila had a stunning Feis Ile, both 2013 and 2014 versions. Sensational nips, the former a really subtle fruity malt, latter quite an intense peaty hit. Brilliant. Stunning views, very talented guide, and a friendly distillery cat to boot!

Stopped for lunch at Kilchoman.

Then flying visit to Laphroaig, picked up a bottle to take home and claimed a nip. Photo to follow!

And then a much needed vase of coffee at the cafe at Ardbeg. Another rainbow sighting there.

This place is totally magical. Worth a visit if you can.

post-28011-1427402516638_thumb.jpg

post-28011-14274021472717_thumb.jpg

Been to Ardbeg also, just for a coffee sadly! Got the wee man with me so my nip opportunities are reduced. Hoping to get to Caol Ila before I leave.

Here's a photo from Monday looking over to Port Ellen. The old distillery is the white building at about 11 o'clock.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1427266013.374585.jpg

Nice one!! Looks like you had a great wee tour round the distilleries. Only every the standard caol ila, which is lovely. I'll look out for the one you recommend.