whisky lovers

As has been said before on this thread you are literally talking drops of water, not the slug you see some people putting in their whisky.

I wish I could find one of those pipette things I used in high school (clean one of course, although remnant fancy chemicals could maybe add to the flavour).

Getting exactly two drips from a tap or jug can be risky business, especially in an expensive dram where three can kill it. A single drop of water really can make that much of a difference.

Out of the selection me and my dad and brother were given, all 3 of us had a Tamdhu 10 year old as our favourite (this included a 29 year old, 20 year old, 19 year old and a few other older ones). Was very surprised, having never had a Tamdhu before, quite how nice it was.

On the water thing, cask strength is better with water imo, if you're in the house it's easy enough to get the tap to the point it's dripping so you can literally get 1 or 2 drops. If you're at a function or a pub it's a nightmare trying to put water in from the wee jugs they give you so just have to drink it neat.

I wish I could find one of those pipette things I used in high school (clean one of course, although remnant fancy chemicals could maybe add to the flavour).

Getting exactly two drips from a tap or jug can be risky business, especially in an expensive dram where three can kill it. A single drop of water really can make that much of a difference.

Just use a straw or alternatively there's this new website folk are using as a kind of online marketplace http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B009WQPXLE/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1419636174&sr=8-1π=AC_SX200_QL40

I have to admit I like the shite that is Scottish Leader.

As posted earlier, I bought myself a bottle of Black Grouse just before Christmas, and very nice it is too.

An honourable mention also goes to Isle of Skye from me.

What's the best blend there?

Being a bit of a snob I stick to single malts although I occasionally have a bottle of chivas Regal; what's your blend?

I have to admit I like the shite that is Scottish Leader.

Ballantines, but must admit I'm fond of the odd large Scottish Leader, or an Eccie as it should be known.

Ballantines, but must admit I'm fond of the odd large Scottish Leader, or an Eccie as it should be known.

Ballantines is really nice.

My Grandad worked for Kilgours in Kirkcaldy so was able to buy Ballantines for pennies. Was how I was introduced to whisky.

Still pick up a bottle every now and again. Blended whisky doesn't always mean poor whisky.

Is it Ballantines Finest? If so what does it taste like? We make the bottles at work and I've always wondered if it was worth buying a bottle to try.

Anyone got a decent site for getting malts in at this time of year? Can't find many doing much offers at the moment and my stocks are running rather low.

Their website is pish but a trip to luvians in cupar or st Andrews is well worth a trip if you are ever round there.

Eta master of malt is what I use.

Edited by invergowrie arab

Anyone got a decent site for getting malts in at this time of year? Can't find many doing much offers at the moment and my stocks are running rather low.

The Whisky Exchange have a sale on at the moment but it's pretty limited. They do have a decent website though it you are window shopping...

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/SpecialOffers.aspx?sp=whisky&pg=1#productlist-filter