whisky lovers

My dad was clearing out the garage and found this bottle of whisky. I've had a good browse on Google but can't seem to find any info on it. I don't think it's anything spectacular but going to have a dram of it tonight regardless. The postcode on the bottle is for William Grant in Bellshill. Anyone recognise it?

Not sen that one before. Grants have not been in Belshill that long maybe 20 odd years so it is a recent whisky.

Enjoy

Hi guys.. I'm not into whisky at all.. But the wife's grandad was a bit of a collector.. He passed away about 4 years ago, and we've had this whisky in the house ever since.. Some pretty rare and old whiskies.. Was going to try and sell them but not really sure where to start... So any ideas where would be a good shout... They range from about £500 to £90... Cheers

Hi guys.. I'm not into whisky at all.. But the wife's grandad was a bit of a collector.. He passed away about 4 years ago, and we've had this whisky in the house ever since.. Some pretty rare and old whiskies.. Was going to try and sell them but not really sure where to start... So any ideas where would be a good shout... They range from about £500 to £90... Cheers

first you should get them valued, a lot of the independent whisky shops value and buy. people on this thread like the whisky exchange to buy their drink from, but they also buy old and rare, the link bellow provides more details.

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/Wanted.aspx

you could put the list of what you have up here and what you are looking for and see if that stimulates some interest.

http://www.mctears.co.uk/auctions/browse.aspx?id=291ad4a5-ab19-41e1-9e5c-969c34ef5155

Here is another closer to home for you.

http://www.bonhams.com/departments/WHI/

Would appreciate if you PM me a list of the whisky

first you should get them valued, a lot of the independent whisky shops value and buy. people on this thread like the whisky exchange to buy their drink from, but they also buy old and rare, the link bellow provides more details.

http://www.thewhisky...com/Wanted.aspx

you could put the list of what you have up here and what you are looking for and see if that stimulates some interest.

Don't give the game away that you're a novice.

"Hmmm... a rare Islay bottling indeed, but this one appears to be 52 y.o. and it's been in the cellar/garage for how long you say? Eight years? Oh well, I'm afraid this is a bit out of date and a bit worthless I'm afraid. I'll be generous and give you a tenner for it."

• 2 weeks later...

Glenlivet 12 year old single malt, £19.99 a bottle at Morrisons. £10 off.

I got the last bottle at the Gallowgate branch so prob not have any the mora. Prob have some everywhere else. Fine Whisky,

Glenlivet is a great dram. I remember stocking up on it flying home from the Falklands £13 a bottle. You could buy two one mount pleasant and two at ascension island. Only finished the last bottle three months back.

The station in Alloa has been great with whisky recently. Tonight I've had bruichladdich, talisker, Johny walker green label and highland park.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I thought I'd bump this thread for the festive season.

I bought a Christmas present to self of Tomintoul 14yo. Cracked it open tonight and its a lovely dram, one which benefits from a little water though. Neat it does not work, but a small splash of water opens it up leaving a complex slightly sweet dram.

Neat it tastes a bit like a Bushmills (a bottle of which I may have wasted by drinking neat) but with water it opens up to something closer to its near neighbour Glenlivet but with a more complex taste for me. It doesn't look good as its not coloured and it is non chill filtered, but this appeals to me now that I am getting more into whisky drinking.

Anyone tried a nice dram this winter?

I bought a Christmas present to self of Tomintoul 14yo. Cracked it open tonight and its a lovely dram, one which benefits from a little water though. Neat it does not work, but a small splash of water opens it up leaving a complex slightly sweet dram.

What do you want, a Mint Imperial or something?

Do the experts not say you should put in a couple of ice cubes or a drop of water to release all the flavours and appreciate it properly?

I used to drink my malt news but one night the host kept forgetting and putting ice in mine as well as everyone else's, wound up preferring it.

one little cube IMO

Nice Benromach awaits. Hangover finally disappeared.

It's the 'malt of the month' in my local. just now.

£1.70 a nip.

Now, my whisky knowledge is limited but this is a nice drop . Roll on Hogmanay so I can indulge in a whisky

*its a wee tradition of mine

Currently have only 4 bottles on my 'whisky shelf' - a 14 year old Oban (my personal favorite), 10 year old Talisker, a 12 year old Balvenie and my extra special occasion Johnnie Walker Blue Label :D

That said I do work for Diageo and have a fair whack left of my product allowance (taxable benefit - free booze) so will be adding another couple of bottles before Christmas, thinking of getting in a Cragganmore and a Caol Ila