whisky lovers

6 hours ago, V.Aye.R said:

Thats talisker 18 finally back out on shelves. An extra £100 now, £175 🤣 bandits man. 

I picked up a bottle for 80 or 90 at the Johnny Walker experience in Edinburgh over the summer when you couldnt get it under 200 anywhere else. Wonder if it's up there too.

Just now, invergowrie arab said:

I picked up a bottle for 80 or 90 at the Johnny Walker experience in Edinburgh over the summer when you couldnt get it under 200 anywhere else. Wonder if it's up there too.

They redesigned the labels so if its the standard label then yes. 

The new one is like the 10yo, bottom edge resembles the skye south coastline

On 06/08/2022 at 09:17, Sarcastic Bairn said:

I wonder what this one will be, over the £2k this time?

Who knows. I think IMD will be feeling the pinch with this project plus the energy prices biting hard. Their pricing has gone daft on Tamdhu in particular. 

Edited by V.Aye.R

Tried two cask strength drams tonight. 

Glenfarclas 105 sample from a pal and Benromach 2012.

Both very similar in cask make up/ABV/price/age

Benromach... You could be convinced its Springbank. 

105 is sweeter and not peated at all which is quite noticeable side by side. 

Benromach probably just edges it for me. Maybe a little older (10yr age statement) and all first fill bourbon/sherry casks. 

Both cracking drams though. Would recommend both. Also a wee picture from Benromach this week 😎🥃

hcufrg.jpg

Edited by V.Aye.R

• 5 weeks later...
On 05/08/2022 at 17:38, V.Aye.R said:

Thats talisker 18 finally back out on shelves. An extra £100 now, £175 🤣 bandits man. 

I mean, it's not news but Diageo really extracting the urine now. Glad I stocked up on Laga 16 and Clynelish last year. But I'll be taking my whisky £££ elsewhere going forward.

• 2 weeks later...
An Cladach is a liter of Cask Strength Bunna for 50 quid so you can't really go wrong.
It was solid but unspectacular to begin with and took me about almost 4 years to drink which tells you how far it was up my priority list but I was really enjoying the last third of the bottle and did that in in a few weeks so definitely benefitted from a bit of air in the bottle to take strength out of it and let the flavour come through.
Èirigh na Grèine is a favourite of mine. If you are into red fruit, salty, sweet, peppery type of whisky you will like it.
Both are unpeated but there is definitely smoke and body come through the latter.
Sorry, should have thanked you at the time. Went with your advice on the Bunna and it's a lovely dram.

Back in duty free today but just looking as I'm on a domestic flight. Some people obviously have a MUCH bigger whisky budget than I do as a woman reached across me and picked up this 18yo Balvenie for the princely sum of £180!3d6efafbf842bc774981533212c8eeca.jpg

21 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Sorry, should have thanked you at the time. Went with your advice on the Bunna and it's a lovely dram.

Back in duty free today but just looking as I'm on a domestic flight. Some people obviously have a MUCH bigger whisky budget than I do as a woman reached across me and picked up this 18yo Balvenie for the princely sum of £180!3d6efafbf842bc774981533212c8eeca.jpg

Ive been burned by the Travel retail Balvenie before. The 16yo Triple Cask. Bang average imo.