whisky lovers

Has to be a good buy at £23
IMG-20220711-WA0000.thumb.jpeg.8cff2d2e361d82244acecce0d67b7921.jpeg

I’ve mentioned this before, you can normally pick it up in a Coop for £22. It’s a decent skelping dram and I was pleasantly surprised by it. Have seen it on Amazon for about £30-£32 which it’s not worth when comparing with others at that price, but at £22 it’s a winner in my book.

1 hour ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

I’ve mentioned this before, you can normally pick it up in a Coop for £22. It’s a decent skelping dram and I was pleasantly surprised by it. Have seen it on Amazon for about £30-£32 which it’s not worth when comparing with others at that price, but at £22 it’s a winner in my book.

Agreed, I had the German Pinot Noir finish and it was pretty pleasant. 

11 hours ago, V.Aye.R said:

Agreed, I had the German Pinot Noir finish and it was pretty pleasant. 

Spätburgunder! Why would they deny it its rightful, glorious name. 

1 hour ago, V.Aye.R said:

I'm not into my wines so I'll bow to your superior knowledge lol

I don't claim any kind of superior knowledge, but I do know that pinot noir has a cracking name in German and The Tam are missing a trick. :lol:

Had an Arran harmony series 5 when out on the island yesterday. Was a really nice dram, bit like the bothy version but smoother. Not quite as nice as the explorer series 4 but still lovely.

Edited by Sammo

18 hours ago, Sammo said:

Had an Arran harmony series 5 when out on the island yesterday. Was a really nice dram, bit like the bothy version but smoother. Not quite as nice as the explorer series 4 but still lovely.

I'm in the ballot for that one, good to hear its worth it. 

4 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

I bought a Festival Single Cask when over last year and having looked up the price now I can't see myself opening, so looks like one for handing down (maybe).

I wish I had that kind of will power 😂

Cracked the Orchard House. It's quite good. You'll often get at least some info with Compass Box as to what's in the bottle and this one is the same. Interesting to see they purchased new make spirit and aged it themselves. 

Back of the bottle for anyone interested. 

Spoiler

IMG_20220717_000627.thumb.jpg.cdfe0972106384252d1074f4404b1015.jpg

7 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Just finished this lovely bottle of 11 year old Bunnahabhain from That Boutique-y Whisky Co. Tremendous stuff. 5ad23bb289d339713c3f92a309dcbe16.jpg

Glad you liked it.

You have to watch yourself with that company.  I have had a couple of bottles from them before but would have preferred a bigger a bottle. Normal size.