whisky lovers

24 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I took the picture before I poured the last out!

Anyway, I'm just walked through World of Whisky at the airport but I'm on a domestic flight so the choice is limited. I'm flying abroad and will probably treat myself then but they did have a 70cl bottle of Deanston 10 yo red wine cask finish available to all at £35. I know a few on here rave about Deanston but I've never had any - should I be splashing the cash?

For £35, absolutely.

3 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I took the picture before I poured the last out!

Anyway, I'm just walked through World of Whisky at the airport but I'm on a domestic flight so the choice is limited. I'm flying abroad and will probably treat myself then but they did have a 70cl bottle of Deanston 10 yo red wine cask finish available to all at £35. I know a few on here rave about Deanston but I've never had any - should I be splashing the cash?

If it's £35 I'd say why not? The red wine finish should keep it palatable. Decent age statement which I missed before the edit as well.

Edited by GiGi

8 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I'm not one for my Internet speak - what does OTW mean? I've always liked Jura but noticed a lot of NAS recently (particularly in Duty Free this week). Jura 10 is damn fine and worth buying (at a decent price) in my opinion.

I’d presume One To Watch, although I don’t think it’s internet speak as much as here-speak. I base this on nothing more then OFTW meaning one for the watching on here, although that’s usually deviants rather than drams. 

11 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

It's worth the 20 odd quid you can get it for.

Jura are on the way back though OTW for the next few years. 

The UKs no.1 selling single malt. 

The 14yo Rye finish is worth it if you can get in on deal. Asda had it at £30 recently. 

Edited by V.Aye.R

My Father in law retired in the past few weeks. Away up north with the family this week and he's brought the Tomatin we got him for his 60th.

I packed a 30yo grain in an attempt to compete on age! Was a good night last night 😀🥃3️⃣0️⃣

IMG_20220618_222844.jpg

Edited by V.Aye.R

I'm going on holiday later this week and had a wee look at what's available when going for a domestic flight last week (when I got the marvellous Deanston mentioned above). I was like a kid in a sweet shop who's not allowed to buy anything!
I'm thinking of treating myself and have always been a fan of Bunnahabhain and they had 3 NAS available- anyone tried An Cladach, Cruach Mhona or Eirigh Na Greine (£50, £54 and £46 respectively for litre bottles).
I might just go for the Ardbeg 10 but it seems to have jumped up in price to £52 for the litre.60d141edf5b067969940430c470ae1b7.jpg

An Cladach is a liter of Cask Strength Bunna for 50 quid so you can't really go wrong.

It was solid but unspectacular to begin with and took me about almost 4 years to drink which tells you how far it was up my priority list but I was really enjoying the last third of the bottle and did that in in a few weeks so definitely benefitted from a bit of air in the bottle to take strength out of it and let the flavour come through.

Èirigh na Grèine is a favourite of mine. If you are into red fruit, salty, sweet, peppery type of whisky you will like it.

Both are unpeated but there is definitely smoke and body come through the latter.

Opened a Mackmyra I had sitting on the shelf for far too long. Bought at the Glasgow Festival in 2019!

Ignored the disappointment of the neck pour and went back to it a few days later. 

Vintersol. No longer available but a cracking dram. My experiences of Swedish whisky have not been disappointing to date. Seek one out at a whisky show or bar, they're not the cheapest so wouldn't recommend jumping straight in.