whisky lovers

11 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Couple of American ones for my Christmas, Old Forester Statesman and Woodford Reserve Double Oaked. Picked up a Balblair 12 at the airport for use 38 notes for a litre. Is that a good price and has anyone got a review? Opened it for the bells and found it to be very pleasant. 

U roughly pay that much for 70cl so doing well there. I love Balblair never had a meh bottle from them.

Edited by gannonball

Cracked open my Aberlour Casg Annamh for the bells last night (new dram for a new year sort of thing).  Extremely pleasant with a single drop of water taking the edge off, which I'd best describe as a lighter A'bunadh.  Must have had a few folk around combined with memory loss as there's a fair amount of it gone already. :whistle

• 3 weeks later...

I have one, haven't really tracked what's in it. I have an empty JW Blue bottle that I'm going to start another in though. Too fine a bit of glass to not do something with it. 

Mine goes from being delicious to pretty rough reeeeally quickly. So I've started adding like half a dram instead of a full one. Normally I will put the last nip of a bottle in (unless it's a special bottle - then I drink it). 

Anyone watch any Whisky Youtube channels? 

Ralfy is the obvious one, for the most part its quite informative and enjoyable. 

His springbank 7 parter is class. 

Some of the others are decent but there's loads of big spending guys (whisky and cameras) who just talk total sh!te. 

Others are bordering on disturbing, going into shops and videoing all the booze on the shelves etc 👀

33 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Saw a film on Netflix last night (Green Book) where the guy drank Cutty Sark. It was set in the 60's so thought that's why If never heard of it but see it's available on Amazon. Anyone ever tried it?

Can't say I have. Some of the 'export' brands have the most random names. Particularly to USA/Asia

14 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Saw a film on Netflix last night (Green Book) where the guy drank Cutty Sark. It was set in the 60's so thought that's why If never heard of it but see it's available on Amazon. Anyone ever tried it?

I had a limited edition bottle of it a few years ago (was very nice) but not sure what the standard stuff is like. It used to be a massive name in the blended whisky market with the likes of Grouse, Bells, Grant's etc.

12 minutes ago, Ronaldo Jeremy said:

I had a limited edition bottle of it a few years ago (was very nice) but not sure what the standard stuff is like. It used to be a massive name in the blended whisky market with the likes of Grouse, Bells, Grant's etc.

I plan to snag a bottle. I shall report.