whisky lovers

6 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Cracked open my Christmas present to myself tonight.

This is outstanding. Pretty much a perfect dram. Peated but very verybsubtle and really well balanced with the sweetness. Nothing like an Islay but how Speysides would have tasted 100 years ago 

IMG-20211224-WA0003.jpeg

Ive been tempted by that in the past, might give it a look. 

This is outstanding. Pretty much a perfect dram. Peated but very verybsubtle and really well balanced with the sweetness. Nothing like an Islay but how Speysides would have tasted 100 years ago 
IMG-20211224-WA0003.thumb.jpeg.253687dfc11e7837d7420c45fffa09a5.jpeg
I had a peat week bottle before, wouldnt uave remembered it was Balvenie but presumably it was. They dont make anything that isnt superb.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
5 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:
IMG-20211224-WA0003.thumb.jpeg.253687dfc11e7837d7420c45fffa09a5.jpeg

I had a peat week bottle before, wouldnt uave remembered it was Balvenie but presumably it was. They dont make anything that isnt superb.

I got an airport exclusive Balvenie when I last went to the States. Absolutely superb stuff. Had a hip flask of it at my sister in law's wedding and my wife's uncle was obsessed with it. One of the best I've ever had.

15 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

I got an airport exclusive Balvenie when I last went to the States. Absolutely superb stuff. Had a hip flask of it at my sister in law's wedding and my wife's uncle was obsessed with it. One of the best I've ever had.

It does f**k me off that a lot of their stuff is 40 abv. 40% bugs me because I think its too much money for someone elses water, but flavour wise, they are top, top notch

Oooh wonder how this will be in comparison to the original 2014 version ? Only ever had the 2014 one at a tasting but remember being impressed. Big fan of Wemyss in general so pretty hopeful although see this run is a good bit bigger despite still being described as small batch. Beautiful bottle too.bdf4e724b7577187a27af8f8f1eaf350.jpg

Glen Grant 10, Dalwhinnie 15, Balvennie 14 Caribbean, and the Highland Park Dragon for me this year (birthday season). The dalwhinnie and Balvennie are favourites. I had a shot of the Glen grant 18 a few weeks ago, which was delicious, looking forward to trying the other two.

Decided to start on my Christmas haul tonight. 10yo Hazelburn from Springbank stands out but I've started on the Tullibardine Sovereign - better than I expected, quite sweet and smooth. 98066682ca46eee4dfc5bedad61cdc89.jpg

Eta: seeing as I'm a part owner of the club and Tullibardine are Motherwell's official whisky supplier, I feel contractually obliged to say this is wonderful, like all their whisky.

14 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Decided to start on my Christmas haul tonight. 10yo Hazelburn from Springbank stands out but I've started on the Tullibardine Sovereign - better than I expected, quite sweet and smooth. 98066682ca46eee4dfc5bedad61cdc89.jpg

Eta: seeing as I'm a part owner of the club and Tullibardine are Motherwell's official whisky supplier, I feel contractually obliged to say this is wonderful, like all their whisky.

Did your camera have a few nips too? I also got the same bunna found it decent enough.

As for Tullibarbine it used to be shite but has been getting better. They have bought out all those empty units at Blackford now so guessing we shall be seeing more editions now.

Edited by gannonball

Thoughts on Bladnoch? Never tried it but was given a 40ml, 17 year old miniature as a secret santa gift.
Quite like other lowlands so will consider buying a bottle if it hits the spot.

The 17 Yo is excellent as is the 11 Yo.
Older one sherry/red wine cask the other is bourbon.

Thoughts on Bladnoch? Never tried it but was given a 40ml, 17 year old miniature as a secret santa gift.
Quite like other lowlands so will consider buying a bottle if it hits the spot.

The 17 Yo is excellent as is the 11 Yo.
Older one sherry/red wine cask the other is bourbon.