whisky lovers

I mentioned before a Killowen distillery. They have a new release: THE DALRIADAN - PART 1 OF 2

It comes out on Friday. It's a new place but I think it will be worth a try. Get it while you can.

40%****** Double distilled Peated Malt, originating in Caol Ila Distillery, aged completely in Ex - Bourbon Hogg's head and 60% 11-year-old Malt from County Antrim, finished for three years in Oloroso Butts.

2 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

This has been a challenge to be able to buy a bottle of Daftmill for some time, anyone had one or a dram?

06D77DE0-5199-4FDE-9429-65041C454602.jpeg

They released bottles to some well known whisky bars for a 'tenner a dram'. I've had a few at Dornoch Castle.

If you're willing to pay over the odds, the 2008 Winter Release is available here for £195

https://www.dunechtwhisky.com/collections/daftmill

1 hour ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

This has been a challenge to be able to buy a bottle of Daftmill for some time, anyone had one or a dram?

06D77DE0-5199-4FDE-9429-65041C454602.jpeg

Had the UK 2021 Oloroso single Cask recently at a tasting. You'd be very disappointed at nearly £190 RRP imo. 

It was full maturation, first fill Sherry cask and it was just too much. 

Bourbon might be a bit more to my liking though. 

23 minutes ago, Peedzy said:

They released bottles to some well known whisky bars for a 'tenner a dram'. I've had a few at Dornoch Castle.

If you're willing to pay over the odds, the 2008 Winter Release is available here for £195

https://www.dunechtwhisky.com/collections/daftmill

Thanks, appreciate the link 👍

3 minutes ago, V.Aye.R said:

Had the UK 2021 Oloroso single Cask recently at a tasting. You'd be very disappointed at nearly £190 RRP imo. 

It was full maturation, first fill Sherry cask and it was just too much. 

Bourbon might be a bit more to my liking though. 

I’ll let you know my thoughts on this one when I open it later this month, I paid £120, or £30 if your my wife.

Edited by Sarcastic Bairn

If you sign up to The Good Spirits Co. mailing list you'd get notified whenever a Daftmill gets released. 

Very much into Talisker but the new branding is a bit disappointing. Felt the same with Benromach tbh, don't think it's worked with the brand at all. But then it's what you're used to!