whisky lovers

2 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

What was the damage on the distillers edition clynelish out of interest? 

£65 IIRC. There was another non sherried version available at the same price

For some reason they gave a free pack of whisky stones with it. 

Not that I'm complaining though

Does anybody here actually use whisky stones?  I got a wee bag of them for Xmas a couple of years ago and I just find them irritating when they roll about (and probably scratch) the glass.  I tried them with a vodka from the freezer the other night to help keep it as cold as possible, but it just reminded me of my disgruntlement towards them.  They make a single look like a double, mind.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Does anybody here actually use whisky stones?  I got a wee bag of them for Xmas a couple of years ago and I just find them irritating when they roll about (and probably scratch) the glass.  I tried them with a vodka from the freezer the other night to help keep it as cold as possible, but it just reminded me of my disgruntlement towards them.  They make a single look like a double, mind.
+1

14 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Nope. I got some years ago and found that they just don't actually stay cold for very long and get in the way of drinking. Total gimmick.

Opened up this Glenallachie I've not been at for a while, a really dark sherry bomb. I've not tried any of their range since the rebrand but if they're this good they will be worth a go.

IMG_20210626_224742.thumb.jpg.f7f7d7aacf6a173d5835c6176bae47ef.jpg

Edited by GiGi

12 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

IMO whisky is like chocolate, needs a bit of warmth to open up. 

Also why I don't like those norlan glasses. They insulate the whisky from your hand heat 

AERSTONE by the Glenfiddich gang.

Was introduced to this yesterday, it comes in 2 expressions , something like "smooth & mild" and then "rich & smoky" we had the first one, nice, easy, gentle dram that's a pleasantly smooth offering.

My mate did not tell us anything about it, he just gave us a glass, I thought it was nice malt from his wide range and once we were all finished he brought the bottle out to top us up and broke the news to us that he only paid £25 for it in TESCO.

Turns out its a new entry level malt from the people at W G S based out of the Girvan site and loosely related to the Ailsa Bay brand.

Can certainly recommend it if your just looking for something mellow to enjoy !!

2 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

Twice this week, out cycling, I passed what I think is a new distillery at Jackson, South Lanarkshire. Anyone know much about it?

This is them here. Stumbled across their website a few weeks ago. Don't know anything about them other than that.

https://raer.co.uk/

Some of the best sipping whisky value is when amazon put the set of 4 Berry Bros blends on discount.

!0% off voucher, then subscribe and save for another 15% (throw in a 50p subscribe item).

Order then delete subscription once delivered.

Speyside and Peated £18.12, Islay £19.50, Sherry £22.46. Outstanding.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CNLN89Y/ref=sns_myd_detail_page

I ordered a bottle as well, gets delivered on Wednesday.
We are buying too many similar bottles!
You clearly have great taste [emoji6]

Despite it being released in fairly sizeable quantities, it looks to have sold out in most places now. Makes you savour the one you have I guess.

1 hour ago, V.Aye.R said:

Won a bottle on SWA last night.

PX finished Single Cask Dalmore (AD Rattray)

Was only £50, which feels like a decent price and will be interesting to try an Indy from Dalmore.

That sounds good.

I had a 13yo indy cask strength bottling from Whiskybroker. Non-chill filtered and no added colouring. Much more interesting than their core range, although it was a little bit too sweet to have more than one or two at a time.

Not quite the right forum, perhaps, but I know the connoisseurs here can help. I've been gifted an Irish Whiskey, Black Bush (usual puerile guffaw here) from Bushmills. Does one mix stuff in to enjoy this stuff?