whisky lovers

8 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Won four bottles in an auction there but didn't read the website properly beforehand (I know) and can't get them shipped to Italy. I've tried another courier but they think customs will send it back. Effin' Brexit! Any suggestions? 

My preference is to get them over here but if that's impossible I'm wondering about putting them back in the next auction. Is that a done thing?

If you're not desperate about drinking them right away can you send them to a friend or relative in Scotland to hang on to for you until you are next back over/sending things across becomes easier? 

I am sure they would be fine about you putting them back into the next auction. So long as they get their fees it's no skin of their nose.  

Like previously said, the auction houses will do whatever you want , because which ever way you cut it, they will make a profit from you, the trick will be getting best value for money for yourself.

Obviously not knowing the facts of your situation, but why not consider asking the auction house how much they would charge for long term storage for you because they will have insurance in place to cover it !

Just saying like !!

2 hours ago, B.K. said:

Like previously said, the auction houses will do whatever you want , because which ever way you cut it, they will make a profit from you, the trick will be getting best value for money for yourself.

Obviously not knowing the facts of your situation, but why not consider asking the auction house how much they would charge for long term storage for you because they will have insurance in place to cover it !

Just saying like !!

That's exactly what I've done pal. It only cost 3% of the bill and allows me to keep them there for a year. If the postage conditions change, they will give me free loss & breakage cover due to paying the 3% so it's the best option. 

Thanks or the advice though.

Edited by jimbaxters

When I read that and you said you had a few winners this week, with the prices of some of the winners, you should be shootin' for the top shelf !!

Hope you've faired better than I have, but there's always today ? 

When I read that and you said you had a few winners this week, with the prices of some of the winners, you should be shootin' for the top shelf !!
Hope you've faired better than I have, but there's always today ? 
Today only saw a couple of places so the winnings were eroded slightly. Will still be buying a couple of decent bottles.

Picked up a bottle of this Arran release i tried a few years ago, has been long sold out and auction fodder for a while (Luvians have 1 left btw).
As a tribute to the distillery manager i had hoped it would be outstanding and wasn't disappointed. Will tuck away to enjoy in the future.

Also bought a Springbank 10yo as its been unavailable for a long time and I'm missing it badly. ARRAN-JAMES-MACTAGGART-1.jpg

Guest bernardblack

Still fairly new to whisky. Went from a laphroig to an Ardmore, liked both but preferred the latter. 
Anyone with any recommendations for what to try next?

1 minute ago, The Other Foot said:

Had a miniature of the yet-to-be-released Raasay single malt last week, at a tasting event. 

https://raasaydistillery.com/raasay-whisky/raasay-single-malt-inaugural-release/#information

A phenomenal whisky - buy, buy, buy! 

Will wait to see the pricing. If they take the piss with what will be a very young whisky then it will be an easy pass.