whisky lovers

I am no whisky expert at all, but I've started drinking it during this pandemic and enjoying it a fair bit. Inspired by a 12yo bottle of Old Pulteney I found in the house one night.

In-laws bought me a bottle of Jameson's stout edition stuff today and thought it was quite nice. For Irish "whiskey" it's brilliant.

On 25/12/2020 at 15:01, Bairnardo said:

Slim pickings this year. A bottle of Jura journey stands alone in the whisky gifts dept.

Slimmer for me. Gotteth hee haw! Probably for the best, need to clear space and/or drink less anyway. 😂

Had a 22yo Macallan last night (whatever 'bullions' means) but didn't think too much of it.  Then again, I'm not too fond of even their fine oak varieties.  Just a weird taste.

23yo Balvenie on the other hand was fairly nice.  Pretty bland initially (other than the high% burn), but a single drop of water released a fairly strong blast of pear drops.

Got a delivery today of Green Spot irish pot still, Starward solera (Aussie blended malt aged in Aussie Sherry casks) and Mars Maltage Cosmo. Trying a few different things this year. 

This takes me up to 49 bottles... I always said I would stop at 50. Strict one-in-one-out policy commencing soon. 

IMG-20201231-WA0012.jpeg

1 hour ago, CountyFan said:

Got a delivery today of Green Spot irish pot still, Starward solera (Aussie blended malt aged in Aussie Sherry casks) and Mars Maltage Cosmo. Trying a few different things this year. 

This takes me up to 49 bottles... I always said I would stop at 50. Strict one-in-one-out policy commencing soon. 

IMG-20201231-WA0012.jpeg

That's an interesting wee collection.