whisky lovers

11 hours ago, V.Aye.R said:

Bunnahabhain 12

Tobermory 12

Arran 10

Glendronach 12

All inside your budget and quality drams you wouldnt see in most supermarkets.

Edit - Redbreast 12 (Irish), though not sure if that would be well received in Bo'ness emoji6.png

Thanks mate, will have a look at some of those soon. 

Not to worry with how the Rebreast might be received in Bo’ness. Neither myself or my mate I’m buying for have lived in Bo’ness for about 16 or 17 years. 

13 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

How much is a bottle of the above?

Looking for a recommendation for a bottle of whisky for my mates 40th in February. Thinking something a little different from the usual suspects.

It’s a couple of years since I was in there, but Cadenheads shop down at Holyrood always had barrels where they filled you a bottle and labelled it for about £45. Depending what was in at the time, but last time they had a Campbeltown, an Islay and a rum.

6 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

It’s a couple of years since I was in there, but Cadenheads shop down at Holyrood always had barrels where they filled you a bottle and labelled it for about £45. Depending what was in at the time, but last time they had a Campbeltown, an Islay and a rum.

Cheers that’s a good shout might look into that.

14 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

image.thumb.jpeg.5d092e58f64868ebcd0afa355eae8a04.jpeg

Lads, picked this up in my local Lidl for €12. Is this the one you thought was Bowmore?

No. That ones says Speyside on it.

F3214F0F-6127-4DA3-B5F3-EED6367598CA.jpeg

Edited by Ziggy
To add pic.

On 17/12/2020 at 18:43, willgormac said:

Hello folks. I’m new on here and indeed ,new to whisky. I had the virus October time and typically, my sense of taste was significantly affected. I like a drink, not a fussy drinker but had never taken to whisky. Things have changed!  Shortly after getting a taste for it my other half bought me a bottle of Ardmore. It was my first peaty dram, the bottle tells me it’s “lightly pleated” and whilst palatable I found it a little overpowering. Could anyone suggest something gentler, more entry level, if indeed such a thing exists.

When I first got into whisky I didn't like the peaty ones either and my go to drams were Balvennie Doublewood or Singleton. I now quite enjoy the peaty whiskys but it took me a few years to get to liking them. Once I found the ones I enjoyed I stuck with them for a bit as it took me a while to appreciate other whiskys but now there is very few I don't enjoy and the ones I have mentioned are not among my favourites anymore but I still have a bottle of each in the cupboard :) 

Glengoyne 12yo and Tomatin 18yo for me, very pleased. Also got Ian Buxtons "101 whiskies to try before you die", and so far I am on a disappointing 24 tasted in my life so far. Although it rises to 63 if you include the distillery rather than the specific expression. 

I may have ordered 3 bottles from master of malt that feature in the book this afternoon... that'll be the xmas money spent! 

Edited by CountyFan