whisky lovers

5 hours ago, V.Aye.R said:

@GiGi that's the lineup right enough.

Ever tried the 17yo? Im not sure if these ages are made up differently or theyre all just sherried malts and increasingly older statements?

I have and it's good but I prefer the 21 and the 15. The 15 is a value buy because it's slightly stronger than the others at 46% as well, I wish Glenfarclas would bottle all their whisky at that abv and above.

The profiles are all pretty similar though, they're all sherried. I think the casks they've used the last couple of years taste a wee bit tired which is a shame. They'll need to cycle them out.

I have and it's good but I prefer the 21 and the 15. The 15 is a value buy because it's slightly stronger than the others at 46% as well, I wish Glenfarclas would bottle all their whisky at that abv and above.
The profiles are all pretty similar though, they're all sherried. I think the casks they've used the last couple of years taste a wee bit tired which is a shame. They'll need to cycle them out.
Yeah, they go from 40, 43, 46 then fire in the 105 @ cask strength [emoji23]

They've got their pricing bang on though and not getting greedy. Fair play to them.

2 hours ago, mathematics said:

Is this as bad as it looks?

image.jpg

You used to get a fair dollop of Lagavulin in it. Don't know what's in it these days.

I spoke before about old blends from auction being worth a go and white horse is one of those worth picking up if you can find old bottles. Would have Lagavulin in it but probably also generous helping of 60s/70s Craigellachie and Glen Elgin