whisky lovers

When's his 50th? It was well under that recently. Seen it as low as £82 but that's even too low it's a £100ish bottle, maybe would pay up to £110 ish if it was a gift.
If you have time I would wait. That's way too dear. It's £135 on Amazon which is the lowest I see.
Never thought to check Amazon. It's a wee bit away yet so will keep watching. Presumably online prices have risen in lockdown.

This question might go either way but I'll ask anyway, does anyone measure the drams they pour themselves.  My job involves a lot of driving so I count units of alcohol to keep myself right for my work. Hearts official moaner said I'd poured a big dram, in truth it was a 50ml measure. It might sound weird that I do it but sometimes house measures can seriously put you well over the driving limit without you realising. Just asking ??

This question might go either way but I'll ask anyway, does anyone measure the drams they pour themselves.  My job involves a lot of driving so I count units of alcohol to keep myself right for my work. Hearts official moaner said I'd poured a big dram, in truth it was a 50ml measure. It might sound weird that I do it but sometimes house measures can seriously put you well over the driving limit without you realising. Just asking ??

I would just pour what i fancy. Although i tend to keep whisky drinking for evenings when I’m not working, or at least driving next day. Never really thought about it tbh.

On 27/05/2020 at 17:48, Billy Jean King said:

My brother has hinted at a bottle of Glengoyne 21yo for his 50th, not seen it under £145, is that about right ?

You can use an Amazon price tracker, from the graph it has ranged between £82.50 up to £144.99446374915_ScreenShot2020-05-28at21_38_55.thumb.png.e4e8c8c6f09f207df0b13c77db3639cf.png

3 hours ago, HI HAT said:

I measure Mrs Mathematics’ drams, but not my own.

I measure in the house, mostly so I dont batter through the good stuff too quickly. 

Picked up a new Deanston NAS Kentucky cask, which appears to be exclusive to Morrisons, today. 29 sheets. Recommend getting on it sharpish. 

I just eye measure in the house. Glencairn or copita for the good stuff or if I'm just having a cheaper one then old fashioned tumbler and a US style giant pour.

10 minutes ago, bishopburn boy said:

Though ,  technically , they are now all 10 year old single malt from Inchmurrin

These are just my own notes, Mr Technician.  

I think the original 10 year old is better than the other that is predominately 10 years old(my one). 10 year old is really nice, crisp and clean. The other wasn't that good.

The 14 year old is really nice but I'm thinking that my mix with the one that is 2 parts 14 to 1 part the others is better. I will have to try again. 

The 15 year old. i liked this the best when straight out the bottle but 14 was maybe better with touch of water. Now, the 15 mix might be best. 

The one you are drinking seems to be the best.  The 10 year old really sharpens up the flavour at the end of the 2 older ones when mixed.

Never thought to check Amazon. It's a wee bit away yet so will keep watching. Presumably online prices have risen in lockdown.
Right chaps bought it for £110 with a 10% voucher code bringing it to under the ton from house of Townend in Yorkshire of all places. Owner phoned me to confirm within minutes of ordering and delivered free within 30 hrs to Ayrshire. Top service, thoroughly recommended.

ETA it was the Glengoyne 21yo for anyone not backtracking this thread. Hopefully he cracks it and offers me a dram now [emoji3]

Having another dram of this tonight. Been drinking it sparingly as it really is a top dram. So light and delicate for the abv yet full of flavour somehow. 

C70B528C-883E-4035-8D1C-5BE8F637D48D.jpeg

ETA - this thread title should really Be changed to Deanston lovers, fair fan club on here.

Edited by gannonball

The Deanston Kentucky cask from Morrisons I mentioned is lovely by the way. A really decent dram for 29 quid. Saw it again today in Edinburgh and I picked it up from Falkirk last week so it should be pretty readily available. 

Also saw they had Glenfiddich 15yo Solera for 35 sheets... that was very tempting too. 

27 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

The Deanston Kentucky cask from Morrisons I mentioned is lovely by the way. A really decent dram for 29 quid. Saw it again today in Edinburgh and I picked it up from Falkirk last week so it should be pretty readily available. 

Also saw they had Glenfiddich 15yo Solera for 35 sheets... that was very tempting too. 

Im going to pop in to my local one tomorrow and see if I can get one. Cant remember the last time I managed to get Deanston for under 30 quid. 

Edited by gannonball

11 hours ago, gannonball said:

Having another dram of this tonight. Been drinking it sparingly as it really is a top dram. So light and delicate for the abv yet full of flavour somehow. 

C70B528C-883E-4035-8D1C-5BE8F637D48D.jpeg

ETA - this thread title should really Be changed to Deanston lovers, fair fan club on here.

I’ve no objection to that. Quite possibly the finest purveyor of whisky out there. Every Deanston I’ve had has been nothing short of magnificent.