whisky lovers

3 hours ago, GiGi said:

Aye most of their range is overpriced nonsense. I just don't like their ideology that they should make themselves the luxury brand like Rolex or whatever shite it was they came out with.

The Edition stuff is the real deal though and a good idea of what Macallan could be putting out and for reasonable prices if they really wanted to.

https://www.themacallan.com/en/whisky/single-malts/limited-releases/the-edition-series

EDIT to add they're long sold out by now. Can be found for quadruple retail price.

You can still get Edition 5 from their online shop.

£95 plus £6 shipping. Sold out everywhere else unless you want to spend close to £200 I think.

14 minutes ago, Peedzy said:

You can still get Edition 5 from their online shop.

£95 plus £6 shipping. Sold out everywhere else unless you want to spend close to £200 I think.

Edition 4 retailed about £75 I'm sure. Still if it's anywhere near that quality it won't be the worst value for money.

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Edition 4 retailed about £75 I'm sure. Still if it's anywhere near that quality it won't be the worst value for money.

I've been booting the arse out of Whiskybroker recently. No more for me for a while.

Guest bernardblack

Seeking advice. Usually a rum man but looking to make the sideways step into whisky.

No idea about it apart from liking Laphroig.

Any suggestions on a decent bottle
around £20?

7 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Seeking advice. Usually a rum man but looking to make the sideways step into whisky.

No idea about it apart from liking Laphroig.

Any suggestions on a decent bottle
around £20?

Ain't a lot of choice of peaty around that price. I give you.... Glen Marnoch.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/islay-single-malt-scotch-whisky/p/068322237384905#product-reviews

Just now, CountyFan said:

Deanston 18 for me tonight. If this is the end of the world I'm going to fucking well enjoy it. 

Fine liquid. I love most of what they make anyway but the 18 is really good.

2 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Fine liquid. I love most of what they make anyway but the 18 is really good.

I was all set for a tour there shortly but obviously not happening for a bit. Gonna drink a huge amount of my stash over the next few months, then when this all blows over I can go and spend all the bar money I'm saving on whisky tours! 

Lockdown maltstravaganza continues with the oldest currently open whisky under my roof and another uppity appraisal from me.

Excellently malty and complex as they come. Cereal, banana bread, little bit floral plus with an extra 10 mins of air and a drop of water it also gives you a bit of strawberry jelly and sour apples. 

Bit of a novelty drinking something that was laid down before you were born. Plus it's a bit more viscous than the usual while still being really drinkable at the abv. 

20200321_212356.thumb.jpg.40940ce2d9362d4ebc3b45745588ada6.jpg

Lockdown maltstravaganza continues with the oldest currently open whisky under my roof and another uppity appraisal from me.
Excellently malty and complex as they come. Cereal, banana bread, little bit floral plus with an extra 10 mins of air and a drop of water it also gives you a bit of strawberry jelly and sour apples. 
Bit of a novelty drinking something that was laid down before you were born. Plus it's a bit more viscous than the usual while still being really drinkable at the abv. 
20200321_212356.thumb.jpg.40940ce2d9362d4ebc3b45745588ada6.jpg

Is my eyesight failing or do the bottle numbers not match up.

2 minutes ago, Cairn Terrier said:

Is my eyesight failing or do the bottle numbers not match up.

I have literally never noticed that. I have another bottle from the same cask I think will need to check that one and see.