whisky lovers

16 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Santa getting the good gear tonight.... 21 year old Glendronach opened just for him.

This is without doubt the finest whisky I* have ever tasted. Absolutely amazing. Smells of coffee and chocolate, even Mrs B noticed it! 

Will be stringing it out for special occassions I think.

*Santa

Merry chrimbo whisky fiends. May you have a good haul today. 

2 really solid bottles for me, Clynelish 14 and a bottle of the Clydebuilt blend. Very pleased with both. 

20 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Aberlour 12, Glendronach 18, Glen Garrioch 12 & Tomatin Port Wood 14 for me. Good haul. 

Very good haul that. Sherry goodness all the way. The Tomatin sounds interesting.

Is that not an Aldi special???
I think I maybe clicked on the wrong pic. I only seen the lid of the bottle bag, so it could be the special, it could be the normal one. I'll see when I'm back on Friday.

7 minutes ago, philpy said:

Am I f**k. Neat, the best way. My niece got me a nice glass with whisky stones, so I'll use them and get it cracked open when the stones are cold.

Don’t bother with the stones , to prove it , pour 1 , let it sit 20 mins to warm up and open up , then jog another one into a glass with the frozen stones 

taste them side by side , and as the big lad said in the film ,” there can only be one ... “

that said the stones ones are good for keeping a cider or beer cold , when required 

Edited by bishopburn boy
Thick, can’t spell proper , like

42 minutes ago, philpy said:

Am I f**k. Neat, the best way. My niece got me a nice glass with whisky stones, so I'll use them and get it cracked open when the stones are cold.

There's something to discuss here: optimal drinking temperature for a neat single malt. I'm no expert, merely an enthusiastic learner. But I like my dram room temperature. Too cold diminishes the flavours.