whisky lovers

Right lads,

You have a theoretical 200 to spend on whisky. You plan to use this to buy stuff at the end of the market you normally dont dabble in, so have decided on 2 bottles.

What do you buy?

2 bottles of Dalmore 18 at £99 a pop.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:
Glendronach 21 & Deanston 10 Bordeaux Cask.

The Glendronach 21 is top of the list. Good shout sir.

Had it about a year ago and managed to savour it for a respectable time. Bought the (also great) 18 and am coming up on the last few drams of it. Hopefully someone replenishes it for Christmas.

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Had it about a year ago and managed to savour it for a respectable time. Bought the (also great) 18 and am coming up on the last few drams of it. Hopefully someone replenishes it for Christmas.

I loved the 18 and have since been choking to try the 21

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I loved the 18 and have since been choking to try the 21

The demand has obviously increased recently for Glendronach in general, and price has followed. When I got the 21 a couple of years back it was about £115-120 I think with it now looking like £130-135, and last year I got the 18 for £80 and it’s now £98 online.

I'd buy something I know I like and something new.

If the dear bottle was the one I liked then Octomore 7.3 and new one a nice looking single grain for something different. 

Other way about I'd go with a Deanston 18 and for the new one something like this single cask Auchentoshan https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/52286/auchentoshan-1997-21-year-old-old-particular

I bought a Springbank 15 only. A model of restraint. Went into Cadenhead after Springbank and neither offered me a dram. Stingy.

In Islay they are much more generous with their samples and I buy much more, there could be a correlation!

Anyway Campbeltown was nowhere near as dingy as I'd heard. Sure the High St is a bit run down with usual load of empty shops, but it was a pleasant enough place to wander about in for a couple of hours.

Left via a long walk at Machrihanish Bay, which was wild and stunning. Walked for two hours and still didn'tmanage to walk the length of the beach.

Off to Islay tomorrow (weather/ferry dependent), currently bunkering down in Tarbert where about a month worth of rain fell on my head in the five minute walk from my hotel to the pub. Soaked through doesn't even begin to cover my woes here.
IMG_20191205_123252.jpegIMG_20191205_144711.jpeg

Day 1 on Islay:

Lagavulin - bought the 11 yo Offerman edition. Got soaked to skin.

Ardbeg - got welcomed like an old friend, had lunch and nips of Corryvreckan and Perpetuum. Got soaked to skin.

Kilchoman - went in soaked to skin from the beach and they warmed me up with some lentil soup, and gave me a few drivers drams to take away (which I will tan tonight).

Some island this. There has been a battle raging all day between sunshine and rain. An absolute paradise. I've got a mixture of sunburn and trench foot.

Tomorrow hopefully is Bunnahabhain tasting day if I can find transport. IMG_20191206_150433.jpegIMG_20191206_115230.jpegIMG_20191206_145003.jpeg