whisky lovers

On 23/06/2019 at 18:34, bishopburn boy said:

Not for me Either , first one i’ve Not got , boooo

Contacted Berry,s ,  asked me if I wanted to go in a second ballot for  a bottle that wasn’t claimed from the original , lookin forward to Tuesday 

now to explain to Mrs BBB 

Edited by bishopburn boy

I don’t like finishing bottles but over the last couple of weeks I’ve finished 3 or 4 bottles that I’ll miss.

My cupboard is looking a bit bare.

I don’t like finishing bottles but over the last couple of weeks I’ve finished 3 or 4 bottles that I’ll miss.
Its pish when that happens, and when you time it wrong it gets pretty pricey to make the cupboard bear fruit again [emoji20]

Extremely good value for a single malt.

Aldi's £17 a bottle 'Glen Marnoch' single malt range is the damage just now (overproduction from 'proper' malts bottled under another name to avoid looking like a cheap product). Would very strongly recommend any one of the current Highland, Speyside* or Islay varieties.  

*"that's bloody damn good actually" - recently retired Speyside-based stillman with 30 years in the business.

FWIW he also recently passed me down a bottle of Glenfiddich vintage cask. A bit too smoky for him, but I thought it was pretty decent with that and a hint of solera vat. Smooth but a bit bland neat, needs a drop of water to give any nasal hit. 6.8/10

Better than keeping a little bit in each bottle so you feel that you've not finished it all, only to find they've turned to watery shite by the time you decide to finish it later. The word 'tragedy' is often overused, but I feel it's merited in such a situation. :(

13 hours ago, philpy said:

Saw this in Sainsbury's tonight, £22 down to £18. Contemplating going back for a bottle tomorrow.crabbies-yardhead-whisky.jpg

Its apparently highland park. 

Edited by CountyFan

2 hours ago, GiGi said:

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/50097/bunnahabhain-2007-12-year-old-signatory

Gimme dat. Not bought any new whisky for about 6 months.

That does look good.

I’ve just finished this bunna.

https://www.theraremaltwhiskycompany.co.uk/product/bunnahabhain-moine-marsala-13-year-old-single-cask-2017-distillery-exclusive/

It lasted about a year and became the favourite whisky that I had.

22 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

That does look good.

I’ve just finished this bunna.

https://www.theraremaltwhiskycompany.co.uk/product/bunnahabhain-moine-marsala-13-year-old-single-cask-2017-distillery-exclusive/

It lasted about a year and became the favourite whisky that I had.

I have that. I havent opened it yet. 

17 hours ago, GiGi said:

A good 4 slicer as well, very nice. 

You can keep three pieces of toast in the toaster while you butter the one piece on your plate.  

Also, for best results, don't pour the whisky into the toaster.

Was anybody tempted by the Amazon prime offers?? I got a Cragganmore 12 and the Dalmore 12. Was hoping that the Dalmore15 would be on offer but no such luck. Overall was a bit disappointed that
there wasn't a stand out deal.