whisky lovers

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Talk earlier in the thread that it’s being discontinued. Which’s a scandal, if true.

Not a chance. Might not be sold in some markets but the 10 year old will not be going away for us I'm sure.

Awfy quiet in here recently.

Here's my first purchase of the year. To be honest I would have preferred to go for the Oloroso rather than peated, but the price tag of £37.50 swung it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Glenlivet-Nadurra-Peated-70/dp/B01C62NSEY/ref=gbps_img_s-4_7dfe_828b802f?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=f0110363-b410-4b20-a02e-ab660b6f7dfe&pf_rd_s=slot-4&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=TBEVR8TVBG36CW9K8GY6

the-glenlivet-nadurra-peated-whisky-cask-finish-pw1016-whisky.jpg

Edited by Peedzy
Found the Oloroso for £46.50 so got that instead

518BF798-05B9-4C47-80D6-D8A662FD04C6.thumb.jpg.b38e9368ed62ba0b683ff578f3d813d0.jpg

Staying in Inveraray for a couple of nights for work, had to pop into Whisky merchants and had a few tasters. This stuff is incredible, if you like smokey whisky.

Hope you are staying at the George. They have a pretty good selection of malts at not too exorbitant prices.
Had a rather good 19 year old Glen Scotia last year.

On 01/02/2019 at 14:52, Peedzy said:

Awfy quiet in here recently.

Here's my first purchase of the year. To be honest I would have preferred to go for the Oloroso rather than peated, but the price tag of £37.50 swung it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Glenlivet-Nadurra-Peated-70/dp/B01C62NSEY/ref=gbps_img_s-4_7dfe_828b802f?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=f0110363-b410-4b20-a02e-ab660b6f7dfe&pf_rd_s=slot-4&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=TBEVR8TVBG36CW9K8GY6

the-glenlivet-nadurra-peated-whisky-cask-finish-pw1016-whisky.jpg

Nadurra, up until fairly recently, had an age statement.  It took a massive step down in quality when they removed it, but if you can find an older bottle it's a fine dram.

This might sound a tad contraversial and might upset a few folk. I've tried some of the Welsh Penderyn but has anyone tried some of the Indian malts, there's a few being pushed on Amazon at the moment ?? I am waiting for a Dalmore 12 you to arrive but seriously thought of trying one of the Indian offers. Anyone tried them ??

I've tried Ka Va Lan before. Wasnt impressed. It was felt and tasted like it had been made with wallpaper paste and not with quality water. Too viscous. Think I've tried Amrut before as well and again didn't care to go back. 

As for Penderyn I asked to see a bottle in my local, had a sniff and decided it wouldn't be very good at all.

Not that all Scotch whiskies are amazing but the best whiskies are Scotch IMO.

I once tried Hellyers Road. A Tasmanian effort. It was hilariously bad. Proper vile shit

Anyway, for those who remember the discussion about the Glenrothes Single Cask for Abbey whiskys anniversary, I have opened mine. Its class. Definitely needs some water at 67% but not as much as you might think.

5 hours ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

I was staying at The George. Had 6 different malts over the 2 nights. Fantastic selection!

Loch Fyne Whisky Shop across the road from the George is decent. One down the street from the George as well, can't remember its name.

On 05/02/2019 at 23:08, HI HAT said:

This might sound a tad contraversial and might upset a few folk. I've tried some of the Welsh Penderyn but has anyone tried some of the Indian malts, there's a few being pushed on Amazon at the moment ?? I am waiting for a Dalmore 12 you to arrive but seriously thought of trying one of the Indian offers. Anyone tried them ??

Penderyn is weird. Not actually "bad" just tastes of nothing.

I'm looking for some advice.
We've had a small whip-round at work for a colleague's 50th and I've to buy him a bottle of whisky.
He likes a single malt (not too peaty) but is no coniseur. I have £42 to spend. Is there anything special you would recommend, any great deals around?

I'm looking for some advice.
We've had a small whip-round at work for a colleague's 50th and I've to buy him a bottle of whisky.
He likes a single malt (not too peaty) but is no coniseur. I have £42 to spend. Is there anything special you would recommend, any great deals around?
Balvenie Caribbean Cask for the price and what he likes IMO. Plenty other stuff out there for that money too though.