whisky lovers

6 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I just bought Glenlivet 12 from Tesco for £28. 

It was a surprise to see it, rather than the rotten ‘Founders Reserve’ NAS on sale in a supermarket.

Hmm won a bottle of the NAS stuff in a raffle during the week , always liked tha nadurra , but it went down hill when it started to encompass  different finishes and went NAS 

Hmm won a bottle of the NAS stuff in a raffle during the week , always liked tha nadurra , but it went down hill when it started to encompass  different finishes and went NAS 

This. The 16 Y.O Nadurra is excellent. The no age statement variations... not great.

On 06/12/2018 at 20:06, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

I've been busy visiting old friends and making new ones. I've visited all eight distilleries on Islay this week, plus the new one soon to be opened. Truly a tremendous place. If my ferry goes down, send frogmen to my car boot, it will be worth your while.

It's a terrific island. Last time I came back Loganair check in staff asked me how much spirits I had. I think I offended them by being not close to the maximum. 

Really enjoyed the visit to Bruichladdich when I was there as they were really hospitable. Their NAS Classic Laddie is variable batch to batch although I like the disclosure on bottle as to what's in. 

1 hour ago, Peedzy said:

I'm still a novice building a wee collection up, trying along the way as I go.

Amazon has been a good source.  A couple I've picked up this week are Auchentoshan 12yo at £26.95 and Royal Lochnagar 12 yo at £24.90

That's the way to do it. I was buying a bottle or 2 a month from Amazon for a long time and made plenty of trips to good whisky pubs to try as much as possible to know what I liked. 

Side note, Auchentoshan is a decent malt but also good in cocktails. Get that in an old fashioned.