whisky lovers

As I said on here before, I cant drink whisky as it just burns right through me. I offered my unopened bottles of Talisker  Storm and Skye along with 17 premium miniatures and somebody said they would take them. I asked how much and I got the smart arse answer of all of them. My neighbor is now rattling into them after paying the massive sum of a........ fiver.

Been off for the last couple of weeks and tried some amazing stuff. I've had samples of a 1999 Glenfarclas family cask, a 25 and two 27 year old Glenturrets at cask strength. Couple of Sprinkbanks, a 13 year old single cask which is really good and an 18 Old Particular which was surprisingly bad (really offputting fishy notes). 

Then this week took a wee trip to Inveraray of all places. Found this interesting number! Been wanting one of these for ages! Wee miniature of another one I've wanted to try for good measure.

OYlE640.jpg

8 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

on a break in crieff had a peruse in the whisky shop came out with this

20180512_110248.jpg

Peruse is a funny word.  It means both to skim over and read thoroughly.  It also has the American "oo" sound, rather than the British "you"...

... How's the whisky?

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Going to the Stirling whisky festival today. Sadly I am doing the wolfburn master tasting instead of Glenfiiddich.

Never tried anything from Wolfburn but it is still pretty new. Let us know what you make of them.

Never tried anything from Wolfburn but it is still pretty new. Let us know what you make of them.

Wolfburn was shit tbh. They didnt have much over 3 years old.

A successful whisky festival all in all though as I was woken up by the polis in a graveyard

On 05/05/2018 at 00:17, GiGi said:

https://www.thewhiskybarrel.co.uk/deanston-11-year-old-2006-signatory-cask-strength-900131.html

Very interesting. Never seen Deanston in the cask strength range. First fill sherry too.

@gannonball It's an absolute worldy. Cracked it tonight. Really spicy as you would expect when neat at that strength but utterly superb with 2 drops of water. The power of the malty-sweet Deanston and the dryness of what I assume is an oloroso cask is so good. Signatory need to pick up more of these.