whisky lovers

Bought a bottle of Aberlour A'bunadh. Had a taste about an hour ago and tasted nothing but alcohol, hadn't quite noticed it was cask strength.

Added a bit more water now and it's a lot more enjoyable.

A single drop of water does it for me. :)

For those of you into such things, there's an app called Distilld - as in Untappd - where you can log your drams, see other reviews and link to similar whiskies.

It's kind of handy, if you like that sort of thing.

Bought a bottle of Aberlour A'bunadh. Had a taste about an hour ago and tasted nothing but alcohol, hadn't quite noticed it was cask strength.

Added a bit more water now and it's a lot more enjoyable.

I usually add a few drops to 40% whisky. This has required more than a few.

Aye cask strengths usually require a good few drops, sherry casks especially. Ive yet to try the A'bundah though, I do love a sherry finish.

Got a belated Christmas gift at work today from one of my suppliers, a Glen Moray Elgin Special. My malt shelf is starting to get a bit busy, could do with knocking something up to make it a bit tidier. How does anyone else with a reasonable stock store theirs?

Got a belated Christmas gift at work today from one of my suppliers, a Glen Moray Elgin Special. My malt shelf is starting to get a bit busy, could do with knocking something up to make it a bit tidier. How does anyone else with a reasonable stock store theirs?

I nearly bought a bottle of that today, after watching a review by ralfy on YouTube last night, but all they had on the shelf were empty boxes:(. I've got two bottles of Rosebank, a bottle of Director's Blend, a Diageo 100 million litres decanter and a bottle of JW Quest in the house, but they are a bit rainy day bottles. Any recommendations for something a bit different and good but at a fair price. I was a bit tempted to try the malts in lidl but I've no idea about them

I meant I'm surprised they're around long enough.

Well within the last month I've bought 3 and been given 5 and I wasn't at my own home for Christmas or NY, so the stocks build up at this time of year and then I work through them throughout the year.

Current stock:

Glenfarclas 10yo

Highland Park 12yo

Old Pulteney 12yo x 3

Aberlour 10 yo

Glenlivet 12 yo

Glenfiddich 12 yo x 2

Glen Moray Elgin Special

Talisker 10 yo

Dalmore 12 yo

Dalmore Cigar Malt Reserve x 2

Dalmore Valour

Dalmore Gran Reserva

Dalmore Cromartie

Dalmore King Alexander III

Edit: The King is the most expensive there, but I find it's got too many flavours going on at once. My favourite of the ones I have in stock is probably the Cigar Malt or the Cromartie.

Edited by Spain

I nearly bought a bottle of that today, after watching a review by ralfy on YouTube last night, but all they had on the shelf were empty boxes:(. I've got two bottles of Rosebank, a bottle of Director's Blend, a Diageo 100 million litres decanter and a bottle of JW Quest in the house, but they are a bit rainy day bottles. Any recommendations for something a bit different and good but at a fair price. I was a bit tempted to try the malts in lidl but I've no idea about them

Depends what you like already, but you're better asking the rest of the guys on here. Plenty know a lot more than me, I just know what I like and what I don't like.

The question still stands on what it is you're normally into though. Something I finished a while back that was different but I really liked was the Old Pulteney WK299, but I think it's only available in the Duty Free.

Well within the last month I've bought 3 and been given 5 and I wasn't at my own home for Christmas or NY, so the stocks build up at this time of year and then I work through them throughout the year.

Current stock:

Glenfarclas 10yo

Highland Park 12yo

Old Pulteney 12yo x 3

Aberlour 10 yo

Glenlivet 12 yo

Glenfiddich 12 yo x 2

Glen Moray Elgin Special

Talisker 10 yo

Dalmore 12 yo

Dalmore Cigar Malt Reserve x 2

Dalmore Valour

Dalmore Gran Reserva

Dalmore Cromartie

Dalmore King Alexander III

Edit: The King is the most expensive there, but I find it's got too many flavours going on at once. My favourite of the ones I have in stock is probably the Cigar Malt or the Cromartie.

You don't perchance work at the West End Filling Station on Strathpeffer Road?