Mad Men

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

As ever, Mrs. F_P and I are very late to the party.........over a decade late in fact. We've just started S.5 and I can honestly say it is one of the best series I've ever seen.

Character development is terrific but I seriously doubt these folk would still have functioning livers if they really knocked back the hard stuff like that.

20 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

As ever, Mrs. F_P and I are very late to the party.........over a decade late in fact. We've just started S.5 and I can honestly say it is one of the best series I've ever seen.

Character development is terrific but I seriously doubt these folk would still have functioning livers if they really knocked back the hard stuff like that.

celebrate-good-times.gif

21 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Mad Men is totally awesome, enjoy the rest.

22 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I watched every episode religiously until it went off council telly, don't know if I could face watching it all again from the start to catch up.

21 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I watched every episode religiously until it went off council telly, don't know if I could face watching it all again from the start to catch up.

It's worth it. I started watching it again recently, and had forgotten how good some of the really early stuff was.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we finished all 7 series of Mad Men last night and can honestly say it was tremendous TV. (Mrs. F_P was actually in tears when Peggy and Stan declared their love for each other...............)

We now need to find another show to keep us occupied for a couple of hours every night for the next 2 or 3 months.......🤔

ETA - Almost forgot......the final scene in the Esalen-esque retreat where Draper hugs a guy called Leonard ? 

Leonard just happens to be an anagram of 'Real Don'. Jist sayin', likesay.................😀

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Well, we finished all 7 series of Mad Men last night and can honestly say it was tremendous TV. (Mrs. F_P was actually in tears when Peggy and Stan declared their love for each other...............)

We now need to find another show to keep us occupied for a couple of hours every night for the next 2 or 3 months.......🤔

ETA - Almost forgot......the final scene in the Esalen-esque retreat where Draper hugs a guy called Leonard ? 

Leonard just happens to be an anagram of 'Real Don'. Jist sayin', likesay.................😀

I've watched through Mad Men 3 times now, and I know I'll watch through it all again.

It's an argument that will go on forever, but I think it is genuinely one of the greatest TV shows ever, maybe even the greatest.