Mad Men

I'm missing the characters do their jobs. We haven't seen any for weeks and only a snippet of the creative process behind margarine adverts.

they have been doing their jobs since 1960, it gets old.

this is the time for deep psychological breakdown and despair.

A number of the storylines seem to be familiar to previous series, with a little role reversal and some twists in some places.

Joan and Peggy are working together, this time with Peggy helping Joan along a new path.

As previously mentioned, Betty is drawing the attention of new men (and old in Don's case) while her husband is busy and showing her no attention. This may also be the case with Megan, and the possible pregnancy shows signs of history repeating itself with a breakup shortly after.

Pete is the burnt out old account man, with Bob Benson stepping into to the young, looking for a mentor role - but does he have the cutthroat attitude the young Pete had? And could Pete be heading down the same route of self-destruction as Lane Pryce?

A previous merger saw the loss of the Sterling Cooper name, this one sees it return.

These of course are all slightly more subtle touches than Burt Peterson being fired for a second time!

Okay, okay, I've had one of those brainwave moments you get out from out of nowhere after catching it last night.

If Don was 'courting death' while high, and the army guy was already dead, is Megan...dead? We didn't really see her at the end.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

i think pete is doing ok at the moment. He didn't repeat his mistake of sticking don in with bob and is going to use his knowledge to his advantage plus he has the most important client now. His personal life is fucked up but i don't think he cares about that at all (which is madness when had alison bries chebs on tap)

don on the other hand appears to be beyond redemption apart from his line to harry about hookers taking travellers cheques which was incredible.

When don was running about with the rich crowd in California we saw what was happening in the office. We also saw some office stuff when he was in Baltimore with sal plus we saw Peggy working at a totally different company. I think chaogh and cutler could be used as a device to allow don to leave for a while whilst still keeping the office going.

it looks like he's finished at sc&p although he still presumably owns a good chunk of the company. is he finished with megan? she seemed to be finished with him.

"not great bob" might be the highlight of the season.

i wouldnt be surprised if that was madmen done and dusted,there was an air of finality with that episode.

extremely unlikely but it's probably the only way weiner could top david chase's sopranos ending for shock value.

they are contracted for one more season and with the manson family murders, woodstock, altamont and the moon landing all happening in 1969 it should be a belter.

Edited by T_S_A_R

extremely unlikely but it's probably the only way weiner could top david chase's sopranos ending for shock value.

they are contracted for one more season and with the manson family murders, woodstock, altamont and the moon landing all happening in 1969 it should be a belter.

ah,didnt know that.will be glad to see it back but i think this seasons finish would have been a satisfactory way to end it

I really enjoyed that episode! Glad to see Don hit rock bottom now as I thought he would be hitting it at the end of next season (in a much faster fashion via the window!). This gives him the chance to build himself back up, like the desk he yearned for in California.

I hope Pete and Ted are given some decent screen time in LA, they are probably my favourite characters.

• 5 months later...

I've just began watching this. I'm enjoying it immensely. It reminds me of The Sopranos.

And it's probably the only TV show I've watched, along with The Sopranos, where there are some excellent women characters. Betty and Joan are probably my 2 favorite characters so far(S1 Ep9). I did like Don up, but the episode they had Roger over for dinner and then when he tried to go to Paris with Midge has turned me against him. What a c**t.

I've just began watching this. I'm enjoying it immensely. It reminds me of The Sopranos.

And it's probably the only TV show I've watched, along with The Sopranos, where there are some excellent women characters. Betty and Joan are probably my 2 favorite characters so far(S1 Ep9). I did like Don up, but the episode they had Roger over for dinner and then when he tried to go to Paris with Midge has turned me against him. What a c**t.

First series. Ah, I wish I still had all that wonderfulness in front of me. You're in for treat after treat, as it just keeps on getting better.

• 3 months later...