Mad Men

S7E11;for most of the audience, lesson in the obscure history of a very Scottish grudge.as always,sheer class. :lol::lol::lol:

That was hilarious.

Pete has turned from a guy you'd never tire of punching to an absolute hero over the course of the series.

Like others have said I'm enjoying the ending to this. It's not on a par with The Wire/The Sopranos for me but definitely isn't far off Boardwalk Empire/Breaking Bad if not on a par.

I think its up there with the very best,bar none.imo,vastly superior to the crazily overrated breaking bad

Best 2 moments of last night's episode.

Roger playing the organ and Peggy rollerskating in the old office

Peggy strolling into McCann like a rock star.

Superb!!! :thumsup2

Add to that the picture of the Octopus. Roger and Peggy owned that episode.

Just caught up on the latest episode, some excellent scenes.

Maybe reading too much into things but thought there were a couple of significant clues regarding the fate of Don.

First we saw him now in an office on 19th floor (nervous breakdown?)testing the windows, could he be ready to jump?

Then he was distracted during the meeting as he watched a plane flying overhead, perhaps suggesting a link to DB Cooper being Don?

I don't personally think Don will kill himself. He had that breakdown mid pitch a few seasons ago and that was him at his lowest I reckon. He's never truly happy granted, but I don't see him having enough and checking out.

I don't personally think Don will kill himself. He had that breakdown mid pitch a few seasons ago and that was him at his lowest I reckon. He's never truly happy granted, but I don't see him having enough and checking out.

Dunno like, the opening credits he's falling from a height is he not?

This shows amazing, how many left now? 3?

Dunno like, the opening credits he's falling from a height is he not?

This shows amazing, how many left now? 3?

Indeed he is. There's a fan theory he'll fall to his death which is derived from various recurring themes in the show and the obvious title sequence. I'm personally of the opinion that the title sequence is merely metaphorical.

I don't want it to end.

TV series endings tend to be a let down but I enjoyed that last episode.

Won't see it until Thursday on Sky Atlantic but seen a few people on Facebook saying they were let down with ending. I'll reserve judgement but it certainly has been a high quality show.

Won't see it until Thursday on Sky Atlantic but seen a few people on Facebook saying they were let down with ending. I'll reserve judgement but it certainly has been a high quality show.

some folk were probably expecting explosions and "shit getting real".i expect itll be great as every episode has been this season

I think there were a few occasions where I could happily of ended the show, be it the end of last week's episode, there as been so many send off moments.

I laughed at Roger's French at the end far more than I should have just to sentimentality.

Don's ending pretty much tied in with his narrative of the show. He'll never fully change, even when he hits rockbottom, which I thought he did here in far more powerful, yet not as dramatic way as Season four thanksgiving.

Everything changes, and nothing changes. I think the narrative is the most authentic out there for a television show, having each character goes through a snowball's worth of little things over time. All of them adding up to make subtle changes to some characters personalities over time. If you were to tell me I'd have absolute contempt for a guy like Harry, or love for Pete after season one, I'd have socked you one in the face.

I'm absolutely going to be watching this all over again in the summer.

We'll always have that lawnmower moment; I don't think I've ever laughed harder at a scene.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

The ending was ambiguous (not unlike The Sopranos, I guess). The big question:

Did Don find inner peace and happiness, or did he take that back to McCann to come up with the idea for the Coke advert?

Spoiler

Internet theory suggests he did the Coke advert after.

The ending was ambiguous (not unlike The Sopranos, I guess). The big question:

Did Don find inner peace and happiness, or did he take that back to McCann to come up with the idea for the Coke advert?

gee,thanks for not putting a spoiler on that