Mad Men

Final season starts soon.

I thought the last season was brilliant. Probably the best of the lot.

Hopefully Don will get his hole in gear and shag Joan. It's been coming since episode 1.

Don will definitely end himself, and no-one will be bothered except Betty

heart attack perhaps or maybe the big c? can't really see him topping himself

heart attack perhaps or maybe the big c? can't really see him topping himself

Nah, he'll be oot the windae in the last episode . What does he have to live for? He's already admitted he doesn't love his kids, and has feigned it since their birth. Same thing with Megan really, and Betty before her. As much as he can pretend to himself that he loves her, he's really only in love with the IDEA of being in love.

He's an emotionally and mentally scarred person, and can't form emotional bonds with anyone, even his own flesh and blood. He's had to feign them all his life. There's no recovery from that. Especially when you consider he's an alky. And whilst he was a functioning alky, that was only because he had a job kept him ticking over and made him feel like he had a purpose in life. He's lost that job, so what else is going to occupy his time? He doesn't give a f**k about Megan or the kids, so it won't be them. He'll be on the bottle.

He has to kill himself really. I don't see where he can go.

Edited by Slim Charles

• 2 weeks later...

Nah, he'll be oot the windae in the last episode . What does he have to live for? He's already admitted he doesn't love his kids, and has feigned it since their birth. Same thing with Megan really, and Betty before her. As much as he can pretend to himself that he loves her, he's really only in love with the IDEA of being in love.

He's an emotionally and mentally scarred person, and can't form emotional bonds with anyone, even his own flesh and blood. He's had to feign them all his life. There's no recovery from that. Especially when you consider he's an alky. And whilst he was a functioning alky, that was only because he had a job kept him ticking over and made him feel like he had a purpose in life. He's lost that job, so what else is going to occupy his time? He doesn't give a f**k about Megan or the kids, so it won't be them. He'll be on the bottle.

He has to kill himself really. I don't see where he can go.

He might just f**k off to India with a hippy or something.

Like they did with Breaking Bad, the final series is being split in two so we're not going to find out how it ends until next year.

No idea how they're going to end it, not with regard to Don anyway. I rather like this theory that he'll turn out to be DB Cooper, but I doubt Wiener would do that.

https://medium.com/sterling-cooper-draper-pryce/e96804523838

I've got a bit of catching up to do, working my way through box set and now just about nearing end of Series 4. Hoping to fully catch up before first half of Series 7 ends.

Such a great show that never fails to keep you absorbed, just watched the episode where Don's secretary died at her desk, with the presentation going on through the glass, dark humour at it's best.

I've got a bit of catching up to do, working my way through box set and now just about nearing end of Series 4. Hoping to fully catch up before first half of Series 7 ends.

Such a great show that never fails to keep you absorbed, just watched the episode where Don's secretary died at her desk, with the presentation going on through the glass, dark humour at it's best.

Fine episode, that. Series 3 & 4 were the high point, imho. By its own very high standards I've found it to be flagging a wee bit since then.

Not nearly enough to stop me watching though.

• 2 weeks later...