Islam Feruz

For those sticking to their morals and unprepared to fund quality journalism, here's the story:

Quality journalism? I reckon it was cut-and-pasted from this thread :P

For those sticking to their morals and unprepared to fund quality journalism, here's the story:

I'm not sure if this was a dig or not but if it was of course my morals will come first. I will happily "fund quality journalism" just not if it was written for the Sun which I believe should have had the plug pulled long ago anyway.

And why do you think they were an issue? :lol:

The lads certainly given us some entertainment over his brief career, he's managed to screw up every single opportunity handed to him.

Because he joined us after pre-season and we couldn't give him game time due to the form of the side.

Because he joined us after pre-season and we couldn't give him game time due to the form of the side.

I don't think lack of match sharpness is the biggest of this lads problems.

His lack of match sharpness is a direct result of him having a rotten attitude, if he showed the right signs in training he'd be playing games.

I'd say things are on the up but why only epl and abroad? However in the English leagues we have andy Robertson at hull and kingsley at Swansea just for two examples, Jack Harper is now also in England but I don't know how good he is too comment. Abroad we have Ryan Gauld but then back home we still have players such as Ryan Christie, Graeme Shinnie and Ryan Jack who i'd imagine will have successful (or as successful as you can be for Scotland) international careers.

Yeah we do need guys in spfl too....but ideally we should be producing at least some guys able to compete at the very top levels....if small nations like Uruguay Croatia n even Wales can we should be too. Of the guys you mentioned gauld n Robertson are possibly the most likely to at a really high level, but we have a dire record of converting our u16s into professional footballers let alone top level ones. Feruz is a pretty sad story imo albeit entirely down to him. We can't afford to have so many guys wasting talent.

I don't think lack of match sharpness is the biggest of this lads problems.

His lack of match sharpness is a direct result of him having a rotten attitude, if he showed the right signs in training he'd be playing games.

No it's not. His attitude was okay with us. He just couldn't get in the team unfortunately and game time was a premium.

He maybe scored a bit in the Chelsea youth squads when the Scottish media were hyping him up no end. Around the time he was playing with the U19s at the age of 16 maybe

Jesus. Let's hope that bragging about scoring goals in someone's youth team isn't the career high point that he uses to cadge drinks in twenty years' time.

Yeah we do need guys in spfl too....but ideally we should be producing at least some guys able to compete at the very top levels....if small nations like Uruguay Croatia n even Wales can we should be too. Of the guys you mentioned gauld n Robertson are possibly the most likely to at a really high level, but we have a dire record of converting our u16s into professional footballers let alone top level ones. Feruz is a pretty sad story imo albeit entirely down to him. We can't afford to have so many guys wasting talent.

Wales have had who exactly? Giggs, Ramsey, bale? Whereas we've had Darren Fletcher, Scott Brown (let's remember he's been solid in a Scotland shirt and had a shot at Europe for the past however many years) and stevie naismith just to name three players at relatively high levels. I also feel we've been taking massive strides forward in the youth setup but that does take a full generation to really take effect when people are looking for overnight improvements.

I'd say things are on the up but why only epl and abroad? However in the English leagues we have andy Robertson at hull and kingsley at Swansea just for two examples, Jack Harper is now also in England but I don't know how good he is too comment. Abroad we have Ryan Gauld but then back home we still have players such as Ryan Christie, Graeme Shinnie and Ryan Jack who i'd imagine will have successful (or as successful as you can be for Scotland) international careers.

You're really depressing me. If our only optimism for the future is based on guys like Harper and Christie and 24 year olds who have reached the heights of Aberdeen, then we're fucked.

Gauld hasn't made the breakthrough so far, he was being linked with a move to Huddersfield for next season. The situation is reminding me of Danny Wilson when he was at Liverpool; went down there a really promising young player, and now looks like he'd be average at best in the Scottish Premiership. Hopefully Gauld will still come on a bit, but the truth is that we need to be producing young players of that quality all the time if we want a few to really make the step up.

Wales have had who exactly? Giggs, Ramsey, bale? Whereas we've had Darren Fletcher, Scott Brown (let's remember he's been solid in a Scotland shirt and had a shot at Europe for the past however many years) and stevie naismith just to name three players at relatively high levels. I also feel we've been taking massive strides forward in the youth setup but that does take a full generation to really take effect when people are looking for overnight improvements.

Are you seriously comparing Giggs, Ramsey and Bale to those 3?

Fletcher was class and really unfortunate with his health but Brown and Naismith are not even close to the level of the 3 Wales players you've mentioned. Brown hasn't been solid in a Scotland shirt for about a year and a half. I don't think people are looking for overnight improvements, any sign of hope would be nice and at the moment Ryan Gauld carries pretty much all of that expectation, rightly or wrongly. Our youth development on the whole is really poor, most clubs in Scotland do the bare minimum required in order to receive funding for the next year, all in the knowledge that about 85% of the boys they've taken on won't make it. Even the 15% that have a chance have a slim one due to our culture here (among other factors obviously, but culture is a massive problem IMO).