Islam Feruz

One of the most amazing things about Feruz - and other young EPL players to be fair - is that he is a very wealthy young man.

If he's not set for life he won't be far off it, his contract at Chelsea was apparently in the 5 figure per week range, and still will be.

He earned all that money due to his performances at youth level. He has never, ever performed at senior level.

Fair play to him I suppose.

Edited by Lex

One of the most amazing things about Feruz - and other young EPL players to be fair - is that he is a very wealthy young man.

If he's not set for life he won't be far off it, his contract at Chelsea was apparently in the 6 figure per week range, and still will be.

He earned all that money due to his performances at youth level. He has never, ever performed at senior level.

5 figure?

If he's not set for life he won't be far off it, his contract at Chelsea was apparently in the 5 figure per week range, and still will be.

Set for life if he's not like many other young footballers and pissed it all away.

He signed a contract worth £2.5k a week in 2011 when he joined Chelsea. And apparently doubled that in January 2014.

That comes to over half a million without signing fees and bonuses

He's roughly ages with Ruben Loftus-Cheek, who's now on the verge of breaking into the Chelsea first team and should perhaps be at a similar stage of development. Instead, he doesn't even have a squad number at Stamford Bridge and has spent the last few years being hunted from loan deal after loan deal for being an entitled wee fanny with an attitude.

Sad to say, but I'd be surprised if he's got any meaningful future in the game even at this stage.

Worst thing he done was move to Chelsea IMO.

Think all that's done is make is limitations more obvious. He's clearly not good enough to make it at a high level and had he stayed at celtic he'd have made a few sub appearances for the first time before being loaned out a few times and eventually let go to a lower Scottish team

Going to Chelsea drove the hype machine into overdrive and made his eventual failure more dramatic

Obviously he's still young but the fact that he has been an abject failure on loan at numerous lower level clubs says it all

Worst thing he done was move to Chelsea IMO.

The worst thing he did was not get his head down and prove himself at the many clubs he went on loan to. So many chances and he didn't take any of them.

I reckon he will be out of the game completely in the next year or so.