Islam Feruz

Aye, get him capped! I don't fear he is going to go elsewhere but if all accounts of his ability and potential are true we should be looking to get him involved with the 1st team ASAP as it is likely he will be there with some time. Feruz and Harper sound like the two most exciting prospect I can remember. I have seen the lad play in the flesh, albeit briefly. I hope he makes it to the top.

He seems to be doing excellently for Chelsea reserves this season the only worry is that they have an absolutely huge youth system and almost every highly rated youngster is out on loan at the moment (they have had around 25-30 players 21 and under away), and when a lot of these youngsters come back Feruz could be shuffled backwards which is probably one of the reason why his agent was touting him for a move in December.

He seems to be doing excellently for Chelsea reserves this season the only worry is that they have an absolutely huge youth system and almost every highly rated youngster is out on loan at the moment (they have had around 25-30 players 21 and under away), and when a lot of these youngsters come back Feruz could be shuffled backwards which is probably one of the reason why his agent was touting him for a move in December.

The fact he is 17 and you say he is already playing in the reserves proves that he is some sort of special talent.

Capping players just for the sake of it is a dreadful idea. I hope he only gets capped when he actually deserves it.

This, don't forget people getting excited about John Fleck at that age, if he is good enough he will be capped. No point doing it now for a guy who is only playing at reserve level, let him get some more games for the U21's

Don't think Chelsea is the right club for Feruz. He should be pushing for a place on the bench but that's highly unlikely unless Ba or Torres gets injured. With Chelsea only playing with one striker, Benitez loves to fill the bench with defenders and midfielders. The boy needs a loan move in the summer with Lukaka and Piazon returning from their loan spells.

Every time I read one of these threads I get excited at the prospect of a potentially world class player playing for Scotland, but then I realise that in five years time there will be a thread "rememeber that Somali boy that played for Chelsea, what ever happened to him?"

Oozing with optimism, I know.

Every time I read one of these threads I get excited at the prospect of a potentially world class player playing for Scotland, but then I realise that in five years time there will be a thread "rememeber that Somali boy that played for Chelsea, what ever happened to him?"

Oozing with optimism, I know.

Looking forward to seeing this thread being found in around 5 years time.

This, don't forget people getting excited about John Fleck at that age, if he is good enough he will be capped. No point doing it now for a guy who is only playing at reserve level, let him get some more games for the U21's

The prem Reserve league will be a higher standard than the SPL. Get him capped pronto.

For the record Fleck was always gonna be pish.

• 2 months later...

McCoist instantly killed that boys career when he said something like he was the best 17yr old he's ever seen

Just looked up Fleck to see how he is getting on

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/team/player-profile/index.aspx?playerid=330850&tcmuri=279733

Appearances
Total(sub) 40(17)
League 33
League Cup 5
FA Cup 2
Goals Total 2

Just think, he was at one point being touted for a Scotland call up

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/other-sports/rangers-starlet-john-fleck-set-1009159

It's great to see young players like Feruz and Harper at top clubs of the world. However, 2 young kids won't change everything, they might never make it when they get older. If we were wanting to see true progress of the national team, we would have to see more of young guys like these playing at top clubs at an early age. Don't get me wrong, maybe they will go on and become top-class footballers, but the chances of more young players making it and becoming top players at top clubs will have to increase, which will take time. if we had 15-20 Feruzes or Harpers dotted around the best teams int he world, I think we could get really excited then. We'll just have to wait and see.