Islam Feruz

Get this pish shifted to the ‘other football’ forum.

Feruz will never get near a Scotland squad.

Great at youth football not up to it at senior level.... Hmm.

20 hours ago, LinkinFighter said:

How much money do we reckon he got from Chelsea over those 7 years?

Initial contract in 2011 was apparently £2.5k a week. In 2014 he, somehow, got a contract extension worth 15k a week.

Just going by rumoured wages on Chelsea forums.

In wages alone the total figure is £4.3m.

Supposed to have been offered a trial in the Belgian amateur leagues back in January, with RFC Seraing. No mention of him on their official website.

You'd hope he's invested wisely.

On 16/03/2019 at 23:12, BB_Bino said:

Absolute charlatan in my opinion

Young kid who grew up with nothing and got swayed by big cash and was surrounded by bad advise. Isn’t the first, won’t be the last.  Hardly a charlatan.

I've no idea why this guy has inspired the kind of vitriol and schadenfreude you've seen over these pages.

"Young kid fails to make it as a professional footballer" will read the headline.

So what?

9 hours ago, Estragon said:

I've no idea why this guy has inspired the kind of vitriol and schadenfreude you've seen over these pages.

"Young kid fails to make it as a professional footballer" will read the headline.

So what?

His actions on social media, from the moment he left Celtic (he responded to Celtic fans, even with kind comments, with pictures of him a Rangers top giving the V signal) and throughout his career (did he not have some rant after he was caught driving around London without a licence?) marked him out as a throbber, tbf.

Young kid who grew up with nothing and got swayed by big cash and was surrounded by bad advise. Isn’t the first, won’t be the last.  Hardly a charlatan.

As far as I was aware, a charlatan is someone who claims to have special skills, am I right? Well if I am, and having read his Twitter account for a few years now, then I stand by the point that I made in saying he’s a charlatan.

9 hours ago, Estragon said:

So what?

Most of us dream of having the talent to even be considered to play professional football. When someone has that gift, and is even considered good enough to sign for one of the richest clubs in Europe, it's infuriating when they seemingly take it for granted and piss their opportunity away. It was the same when Garry O'Connor was on his uppers a few years back, and countless others.

That's my take on these situations, anyway. I'd bet most folk on here would be quite pleased if he got his shit together, showed a bit of humility, and started fulfilling a bit of his potential.

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Most of us dream of having the talent to even be considered to play professional football. When someone has that gift, and is even considered good enough to sign for one of the richest clubs in Europe, it's infuriating when they seemingly take it for granted and piss their opportunity away. It was the same when Garry O'Connor was on his uppers a few years back, and countless others.

That's my take on these situations, anyway. I'd bet most folk on here would be quite pleased if he got his shit together, showed a bit of humility, and started fulfilling a bit of his potential.

So it's residual bitterness at your own shortcomings? 

Nice.

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Sure, if that's how it suits you to look at it.

I'm not taking a sideways glance at it. You're first paragraph was refreshingly honest, but your lack of talent doesn't entitle you to be infuriated at others' inability to deliver on their own. 

Certainly I'd say it's closer to the generalmood than @RandomGuy.'s left field anecdote about a drink driving offence, and one occasion when he had the audacity to wind up our poor, darling Celtic supporters...

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

As far as I was aware, a charlatan is someone who claims to have special skills, am I right? Well if I am, and having read his Twitter account for a few years now, then I stand by the point that I made in saying he’s a charlatan.

He never conned anyone for money.  Get aff the high horse and stop pretending you never made a mistake in your teens.  Judging a kid off his twitter profile when he was 16 ffs. Grow up.

Wish to f**k I'd squandered my potential and been a multi-millionaire barely out of my teenage years.

The kid never made it at the top and won't now, even at 22 but he's made greater gain from it than the vast majority of professional footballers - even a lot of ones who have turned out better than him - ever will. Fair play to him.

Edited by djchapsticks