Islam Feruz

12 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

let me see it. If you don't want to post it on here just drop me a PM m8

Oh? I'm your mate? Oh, good.

Everyone here's my "m8" now?

Has bipolar always been prevalent in this place or is it just a new thing? 

Personal abuse, and now you want to become privy to my professional life.

OK. Nothing abnormal about that.

Edited by SlayerX

4 hours ago, SlayerX said:

Plus. you can add a certain Scott Allan to the mix. Yet another player who could've went far, but alas, he thought he had made it and stopped trying.

Riordan, O'Connor, Allan and Feruz. Strange how they all have a Hibernian connection.

Huh.

So this whole thing started with Scottish strikers who failed to live up to potential and you now bring in Scott Allan, a midfielder? Was that the first name you could think of or have you merely targeted and another ex-Hibs player?

Just out of interest... what would you classify as "made it" for Scottish footballers? And on the other side of the coin, what would you classify as "failed to make it"? Would going down South before scurrying back up after it doesn't work out fall into the latter? 

2 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

So this whole thing started with Scottish strikers who failed to live up to potential and you now bring in Scott Allan, a midfielder? Was that the first name you could think of or have you merely targeted and another ex-Hibs player?

Just out of interest... what would you classify as "made it" for Scottish footballers? And on the other side of the coin, what would you classify as "failed to make it"? Would going down South before scurrying back up after it doesn't work out fall into the latter? 

I can clarify that Scott Allan has now made it!

Thank you.

18 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

Did you read my earlier posts? I started it off as strikers, but I then expanded to our players, in general. I also said Kevin McDonald, so quit with the anti-Hibs paranoia. Add Danny Wilson to the almost endless list.

I define someone who has "made it" as someone who plays with a top club, a player who participates in the best leagues and the biggest cup competitions. Yes, a lot of our plays have had average careers, even good ones, but world class? Not in a while.

2 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Is that what this thread is about?

Well that's what it's called but you might have to wade back through quite a few pages of pish to find any mention of him!!!

On 2017-6-24 at 17:15, red23 said:

He reminds me of a Syrian refugee, all humble and grateful for a chance at a better life, until they get rich and become a detestable human being.

Everyone was getting too carried away with SlayerX that this piece of bullshit went unchallenged. Which Syrian refugee are you referring to?

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Everyone was getting too carried away with SlayerX that this piece of bullshit went unchallenged. Which Syrian refugee are you referring to?

Nah, people were much too preoccupied by my highly controversial comment that "Garry O'Connor, Derek Riordan, Tony Watt" haven't reached their true potential. (Which, by the way, was my reply to the message that you quoted) Which, as any fair minded individual knows is far and away more offensive and odious than racism, apartheid, sexism and any of other ism known to man and God.

Quite obviously I am Satan, Hitler, Mussolini and Stalin rolled into one.</Sarcasm>

10 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

Nah, people were much too preoccupied by my highly controversial comment that "Garry O'Connor, Derek Riordan, Tony Watt" haven't reached their true potential. (Which, by the way, was my reply to the message that you quoted) Which, as any fair minded individual knows is far and away more offensive and odious than racism, apartheid, sexism and any of other ism known to man and God.

Quite obviously I am Satan, Hitler, Mussolini and Stalin rolled into one.</Sarcasm>

You realise if you keep up this "woe is me" victim nonsense that folk will continue to bait you, yes?

Just now, The Moonster said:

You realise if you keep up this "woe is me" victim nonsense that folk will continue to bait you, yes?

Yeah, I'm not keeping up anything, least of all "woe is me". It's very much the contrary, as I feel that the superiority complex has become whole and morphed into a case of absolute superiority. :)

Thanks for the tip, though, but it's not needed. ;)

Does David Marshall count as someone who "never reached their potential"?

Man of the match performance at the Nou Camp at 19 before ending up a Championship standard goalkeeper

Does David Marshall count as someone who "never reached their potential"?

Man of the match performance at the Nou Camp at 19 before ending up a Championship standard goalkeeper

That's a very respectable career, surely? He's made a very good living out the game and represented his country loads.

I might be being whooshed here but I really don't think you can accuse him of not achieving his potential.

21 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

That's a very respectable career, surely? He's made a very good living out the game and represented his country loads.

I might be being whooshed here but I really don't think you can accuse him of not achieving his potential.

I'd agree with this.

Yes, he had one magnificent match against Barcelona when he was a teen, but so did Tony Watt. I don't think Watt will have half the career that Marshall had. 

So yes, I do think David Marshall fulfilled his potential. Let's be honest, no one thought that he was going to be the next Peter Schmeichel or anything.