Islam Feruz

Another successful loan completed then.  

Three appearances for Swindon in January and a single appearance in April, 0 goals.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=77934

Out of curiosity I found the match thread for his last appearance for them against Charlton.  

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=56968.45

Someone called him the worst player they've ever seen and others are dreading the idea of them signing him on loan again.

Edited by NorthernLights

Would be surprised if he's still playing football when he's 25.  He's striker who will be 22 this year and who has played 20 senior games and scored 0 goals.  Compare that to another Scottish striker of the same age, Jason Cummings, who has 114 senior games and has scored 55 goals.

Islam Feruz has absolutely no chance of ever getting a senior cap for Scotland.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Would be surprised if he's still playing football when he's 25.  He's striker who will be 22 this year and who has played 20 senior games and scored 0 goals.  Compare that to another Scottish striker of the same age, Jason Cummings, who has 114 senior games and has scored 55 goals.

Islam Feruz has absolutely no chance of ever getting a senior cap for Scotland.

It's such a shame that his career appears to have burnt itself out at such a young age.  Thus are the potential pitfalls of building a kid up at such a young age, let's hope Billy Gilmour's career progression doesn't suffer a similar fate at Chelsea

• 1 month later...

Hes turned into the scottish freddy adu lol how long was his contract chelsea gave him when he left celtic he seems to be going out on loan for a week here and there

His pie and bovril thread seems to be more exciting than his actual career ..

Cant see him lasting much longer as professional footballer anyway surely no decent club would touch him when his chelsea contract eventually runs out

7 minutes ago, theminsk said:

Hes turned into the scottish freddy adu lol how long was his contract chelsea gave him when he left celtic he seems to be going out on loan for a week here and there

His pie and bovril thread seems to be more exciting than his actual career ..

Cant see him lasting much longer as professional footballer anyway surely no decent club would touch him when his chelsea contract eventually runs out

I remember over at the TAMB they were positively wetting themselves when Feruz got up to his hijinks, all with the "Go on, son!" whenever photographs appeared online with chicks wearing his shirt and nothing much else, etc. Especially from a player who thought that he had made it.

Just shows you that fans will tolerate any kind of shenanigans from a player, if said player offers something special, or has the potential to. If a player wants to be a profession then they must act in a manner fitting. Not saying they should all be saints, just let their brains work from time to time.

It's obvious that the kid hasn't got guidance. I don't know where his parents are and what values they drummed into him, but I think it's plain to see that they weren't the right ones. 

It's not really much of a loss, to be fair. 

I remember over at the TAMB they were positively wetting themselves when Feruz got up to his hijinks, all with the "Go on, son!" whenever photographs appeared online with chicks wearing his shirt and nothing much else, etc. 

Got any proof of this? I read it all the time and used to contribute a lot. Never seen it once.

50 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Got any proof of this? I read it all the time and used to contribute a lot. Never seen it once.

No. It used to be in the archives, but they deleted most of the content.

Trust me. That's what they were like. If I were to guess I'd say that it was 2013.

I'm the only one who was appalled by it, and you know what those bunch of hyenas are like. 

Edited by SlayerX

On 6/14/2017 at 18:00, 1320Lichtie said:

If it wasn't lost in Div's great cull, this place was just as bad,  The about-face some folk have pulled on Feruz is pretty amusing.

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

If it wasn't lost in Div's great cull, this place was just as bad,  The about-face some folk have pulled on Feruz is pretty amusing.

I don't doubt it.

Maybe it's the culture, I don't know. I wonder if the Spanish or German populace would be as congratulatory towards such behaviour from a boy who hadn't even made it yet.

Personally, I wasn't amused by any of Feruz's antics, and I was proven right when I said that it would all go to his head.

I don't doubt it.
Maybe it's the culture, I don't know. I wonder if the Spanish or German populace would be as congratulatory towards such behaviour from a boy who hadn't even made it yet.
Personally, I wasn't amused by any of Feruz's antics, and I was proven right when I said that it would all go to his head.

Hmm, when did you say that?

2 hours ago, red23 said:

He reminds me of a Syrian refugee, all humble and grateful for a chance at a better life, until they get rich and become a detestable human being.

You mean like Garry O'Connor, Derek Riordan, Tony Watt?

It's a Scottish striker issue, more than anything else.

Probably more like Adriano and Adrian Mutu.

Its an Adrian issue, more than anything else.

1 hour ago, SlayerX said:

Probably something to do with being raised in the central belt tbh. Poor attitudes, add Ross McCormack to that list.

Edited by red23

2 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

That's only 3 players from god knows how many players so how can it be a Scottish strikers issue? 

Strangely enough, I was going to add the guy that you have as your avator.

He's a couple slices of bread short of a sandwich.