Dennis Donnelly ex awr/cumnock/benburb

wintonfan

today marks the 1st anniversary of Dennis' sad passing, thought it would be appropriate to have a thread to show how much he is still remembered and missed by all in junior football

RIP mate, you were the greatest centre forward for the Winton in my lifetime. Thanks for the memories

Agreed. Legend, RIP Dennis

There is a wooden memorial to Dennis in the Benburb Changing Room.

Very sad time this time last year and an unbelievable number of tributes came in for Dennis from just about everywhere.

25012010370.jpg

Tinto

Hard to believe it's a year already

Dennis was a class above the juniors,his flicks and backheels belonged to another league,a joy to watch and always made you wish that you could be as bloody good as him.

Nice wee memorial at Tinto,nice touch --

Dennis played with Buffs twice as well as Winton - Ladeside bought and sold him back to Kilwinning,the fact we sold him at all still raises anger among many Ladeside fans - he was loved that much.

• 4 months later...

Hard to believe it's a year already

Dennis was a class above the juniors,his flicks and backheels belonged to another league,a joy to watch and always made you wish that you could be as bloody good as him.

Nice wee memorial at Tinto,nice touch --

Dennis played with Buffs twice as well as Winton - Ladeside bought and sold him back to Kilwinning,the fact we sold him at all still raises anger among many Ladeside fans - he was loved that much.

Thought you might like to see some of the pics from the match arranged between Ardrossan Winton Rovers and Benburb FC to commemorate Dennis Donnelly.

7625376116_43ec6343c4_c.jpg

Here is a link to the MASSIVE team pic...

biggie

..and to the full set including penalties...

The full set including penalties

brillliant phots, looks like it was a good game, thanks to bens for posting me the programme, was close to tears reading it (some were laughter too), the words legend and character are perhaps used too often in football but in Dennis' case they could not be more appropriate

This shield will keep Den's memory alive for a good few years

Thought you might like to see some of the pics from the match arranged between Ardrossan Winton Rovers and Benburb FC to commemorate Dennis Donnelly.

Great photo's as always Maisie thank you. Good tribute to Dennis on Saturday and lets hope it continues as an annual occasion.

7625376116_43ec6343c4_c.jpg

Here is a link to the MASSIVE team pic...

biggie

..and to the full set including penalties...

The full set including penalties

Some cracking pictures there, good job

Thanks Wintonfan and der73, it was a great afternoon, AWR are a friendly bunch, very poignant speeches from both teams at the end of the game.

• 2 years later...

Saturday 26th July sees Ardrossan Winton Rovers face Benburb Juniors FC in the 3rd Annual Dennis Donnelly Memorial Match.

The game being played at Winton Park Ardrossan due to the construction of Benburbs new ground. It kicks off at 2.00pm and

will be equally poignant for Benburb who lost another of their local legends Tommy Douglas. RIP

Saturday 26th July sees Ardrossan Winton Rovers face Benburb Juniors FC in the 3rd Annual Dennis Donnelly Memorial Match.

The game being played at Winton Park Ardrossan due to the construction of Benburbs new ground. It kicks off at 2.00pm and

will be equally poignant for Benburb who lost another of their local legends Tommy Douglas. RIP

Jeezo mate. How far back did u have to go to get this thread back?

Not a criticism in the slightest as would gladly talk about Dennis all day

Anytime he played against us he was sublime then when Wullie Kean brought him to the Vale it only increased my admiration of him. Not just a great player but a great guy who would always stop an say hello anytime i seen him.

I had to search for it. Then you realise its over 3 and a half years since Dennis passed. how quickly time passes when you

really miss a friend and in my case favourite player at Winton Park in over my 40 years there.

Anyway Ardrossan Winton Rovers gained for the first time the Dennis Donnelly Memorial Shield provided by the good officers

of Benburb F.C. Winton racked up 7 goals without reply. Scorers were Grieg Mitchell 3, Ben Carson 2, Ian Cashmore and Sean

Hainey. Again Frank, Archie, John and Co were great crack and hopefully enjoyed their day out.

Respect were also paid to Benburb's recently passed stalwart Tommy Douglas and we wish his family our deepest sympathy.

Archived