Out of date food

jester

herself decided to defrost the freezer, so all the veg in the fridge was no longer gonna keep, so chopped up the spring onions n peppers & fried em in a pan wi me quorn mince, threw in a thai curry sauce, thing is it was from the back of the cupboard & dated June 2010, it was fuckin gorgeous.

If I never post again after tonight take as a warning!

Grimbo

My missus is brutal with sell by dates.

I got up this morning to make a customary Sunday morning bacon sandwich. I eat clean all week so was looking forward to it.

I knew the was a full packet of bacon in the fridge yesterday. Wake up on Sunday and it's gone. So when I ask who ate all the bacon she said "It went out of date yesterday so I binned it."

f**k me. Absolutely furious I never got my bacon piece.

I undertake 3 tests on food which has past its use by date.

1. The visual test.

Look for signs of mould etc.

2. The sniff test.

Give it a quick sniff to see hiw it smells.

3. The taste test.

Try a wee sample.

If it passes all 3 tests, it gets eaten.

Still have my 100% success rate with the 3 test rule. Never eaten anything dodgy.

I would go with that - our grandchildren are terrible for refusing to eat food which is past it's "best by" date. (Apart from the three wee ones who can't read yet, they just get fed whatever comes to hand...)

My missus is brutal with sell by dates.

I got up this morning to make a customary Sunday morning bacon sandwich. I eat clean all week so was looking forward to it.

I knew the was a full packet of bacon in the fridge yesterday. Wake up on Sunday and it's gone. So when I ask who ate all the bacon she said "It went out of date yesterday so I binned it."

f**k me. Absolutely furious I never got my bacon piece.

You have two options here,

A) kick her in the pie

B ) leave her

after kicking her in the pie

Clearing out my dad's house, found an opened bottle of Advocat, the egg-based alcoholic drink (sounds revolting at the best of times). It'd been lying there for at least a decade... tried opening it and tipping it down the sink and it hardened.

I don't like wasting food either, but there I drew the line and binned it post-haste.

I used to complain to my gran about the milk in her fridge always being out of date and didn`t drink it.

I thought she had learned her lesson until i caught her pouring the old stuff into a newer carton to try and fool us.

Crafty old cow!

Edit: spelling

Archived