The X Files

Busta Nut

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm watching the entire programme again in preparation for the new series. Currently on the second episode of Season 2. Loving it.

Watched the pilot episode just last night with my 12 year old son. I had all the seaons on box sets but had lost a couple through the years due to lending them out and not getting them back. Bought the ones I had been missing on Amazon just last week. After having a Game Of Thrones fest over the last few weeks it was strange going back to episodes that only last 40 odd minutes

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well the official trailers are out there, (as it were). What are everyone's thoughts?

I personally am glad to see it appearing to go back to formulae. Mulder & Scully appear to be back in the FBI. They are back in suits, (small point but it's tradition). Skinner and CSM are back and more importantly the government conspiracy is back. I think that the Lone Gunmen are back too?

The flaw with the short series run will probably be that there won't be time for any 'monster of the week' type episodes which was always the strength of the show in terms of moving from exposition heavy to laugh heavy on a bi-weekly basis.

Overall I'd pitch my excitement levels at a 7/10. Pretty frickin excited.

• 2 weeks later...

I met Gillian Anderson and got her to put 'I want to believe' on my X-Files #1 comic, (I'm a total geek).

:lol:

That's the most nerd-tastic thing I've ever heard. Gillian Anderson is still gorgeous though. She was on Top Gear a few months ago looking stunning.

So when's the X Files coming back?

• 2 weeks later...

:lol:

That's the most nerd-tastic thing I've ever heard. Gillian Anderson is still gorgeous though. She was on Top Gear a few months ago looking stunning.

So when's the X Files coming back?

Oh that's not too nerdy for me. Carrie Fisher once spat sesame seeds on me so that probably trumps it.

X-Files is back in January!

• 1 month later...

I'm on episode 16 on season 7. On track to watch the whole series (and both films) before the new one comes out. Anyone else ever read the "season 10" graphic novels?

I'm on episode 16 on season 7. On track to watch the whole series (and both films) before the new one comes out. Anyone else ever read the "season 10" graphic novels?

I started reading the comics. They weren't great. They are also not part of cannon as far as the TV series is concerned so I wouldn't bother if I were you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have to admit, as much as the mythology became hopelessly tangled by the end of the original run, I'm looking forward to seeing how they develop that - and why the world wasn't invaded in 2012.

I wonder how they will handle the Monster of the Week episodes: Back in the 90s, pre internet you could easily imagine all those little weird corners of the US where things could happen without too much interference from the ouside world - in 2016, the world seems a fair bit smaller.

Have to admit, as much as the mythology became hopelessly tangled by the end of the original run, I'm looking forward to seeing how they develop that - and why the world wasn't invaded in 2012.

I wonder how they will handle the Monster of the Week episodes: Back in the 90s, pre internet you could easily imagine all those little weird corners of the US where things could happen without too much interference from the ouside world - in 2016, the world seems a fair bit smaller.

From what I've read they seem to be building a whole new mythology. There is still a government conspiracy but no alien bounty hunters, black oil, bees or clones of Samantha. It looks as though CSM and the others are probably still in cahoots with our alien overlords though.

As for the monster of the week, the small series run precludes this apparently.

Just watched the first episode...

The whole 2012 thing is explained away by the fact that there never really was an alien conspiracy but there was a conspiracy against the world. It was always a group of humans behind it the whole time using alien technology as they seek world domination. I have mixed feelings about it but I'm happy the show is back and looking forward to seeing where they take the rebooted conspiracy.

Archived