South Park

Cityfan

On 17/01/2020 at 12:41, DAFC. said:

For me this was the best series for a good number of years.

I liked how they went a total different direction instead of the usual narrative. A lot of folk seemed disappointedย with this, but it was probably necessary to change it up a bit as the previous couple series felt a bit same-y.

Highlights for me were, but not exclusive to, Randy getting caught with marijuana at the Chinese customs, Mickey Mouse speaking Chinese and slating Winnie the Pooh, the Tegridy Christmas snow...

Been watching series 15 quite a lot recently, especially the Broadway Bro down episode. I just love the bit where Randy goes for a drink at Wicked, returns to the show and the penny drops that they are signing about blowjobsย ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

Was watching that episode on a flight recently and kept getting into trouble from the wife for laughing too loud ๐Ÿ˜‚

Last season was class, to be fair the benchmark was lowered massively by the shite seasons that proceeded it but unlike the last few seasons, I've watched many of this seasons episodes over and over again. Jesus and Santa doing lines cracked me up big time ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Just found this thread here, South Park really is a genius show. Never did I think a show with this much satire, could make you laugh, then make you emotional the next. The โ€œYouโ€™re Getting Oldโ€ episode for example, probably the best episode theyโ€™ve ever made from my perspective. I never thought an episode that literally revolves around Stan seeing things as literal shit just as he turns ten, could have such a perfect and sad ending.

Props also go to Matt and especially Trey. Musical geniuses at times on the show.

ย 

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Managed to watch the hour long Pandemic special on southpark.cc.com via a vpn and wow! Honestly it was amazing!

Agreed, it was a brilliant episode. The sight of Randy's bare arse and his knacks round his knees will never not be funny.

4 hours ago, ajwffc said:

it was a 1hr special that is not part of season 23 or 24. But also used to test the water about doing a season of longer episodesย 

That's what I thought but Comedy Central have it listed as S24 E1.

17 minutes ago, MSU said:

That's what I thought but Comedy Central have it listed as S24 E1.

it has been listed as episode 1 of season 24 in places but South Park Studios was calling it a stand-alone special

Had to watch it again, sums up the creaters of South Park when they manage to link the transfer of Covid from Chinese bat (or pangolin) to America by Randy shagging both of those mammals ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. The fact Mickey Mouse is involved with him shagging the Bat first and filming Randy shagging the Pangolin, honestly who actually thinks of that stuff? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

On the note of Mickey Mouse, he gets portrayed brilliantly on South Park ๐Ÿ˜‚

They crammed a lot in there. The COVID stuff, random mammal shagging from Randy, virtual learning, defund the police, racial tensions, Token getting shot, the election, and they managed to get a coherent story out of it.

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Watched the South Park pandemic special, as others have said brilliant how it ties into series 23 episodes also Randy episodes are by far the best.

Have always said this. From the Bono/big jobby episode, the medical marijuana/big baws episode and even the one where heโ€™s trying to save the town from elderly drivers - Hilarious ๐Ÿ˜‚