South Park

Cityfan

"Bitch, how are you not The Hobbit again?"

This was my favourite episode of this series. Tread the line between funny and making a serious point very well, which South Park still does better than anyone.

Thought this season was pretty meh tbh. I didn't like the Game Of Thrones episodes (although that may be down to me not having read the thing) that much either.

Kanye should be in more episodes...

The Game Of Thrones parody was brilliantly executed (including the sideswipes at that fucker Elmo), but poorly ended, like they ran out of ideas & went for a piece of moralising in lieu of something as clever as Imaginationland. It was a long route all merely to announce their new game coming out in the spring.

Overall it's been another enjoyable series though.

Yeah normally they finish on a joke. Did not expect that ending. Every episode of South Park they do try and make a point, they just rip everyone to pieces before saying what it is

An honest to God sad ending. I genuinely felt bad for her more or less being coerced into compliance at the end.

I reckon Stone and Parker have made a few telling statements in that last episode, as they do in most episodes. Usually though, it ends with an OTT dramatic sequence before everyone sees the error of their ways and things go back to normal. This one was hard hitting by their standards, rather than ending it by taking the piss out of the subject matter some more, they allowed the subject matter to ultimately get the better of, and beat one of only two voices of conscience (the other being Kyle) on the show.

• 11 months later...

South Park is a show that has evolved immensely in the past few years. There are still some misses, but plenty more hits so far this season. I thought Go Fund Yourself was an excellent episode.

The Chicken card game episode - less so.

Bit different this series with the shorter run and the stories actually linking in to each other (apart from the Timmy / Wacky Races episode, which was excellent) but as always when it gets it right it's absolutely top notch, some of the best satire out there.

Though I thought the last double episode was a bit disappointing, I thought the hologram angle was going to be played out a bit more and I was expecting a

Mr Hankey cameo

at the end but I guess that's what they were trying to build you up for.

The highlight for me was the freemium gaming episode, ticked all the boxes and the Candian devil being called Beelzaboot actually had me laughing out loud.

• 9 months later...