Friday Night Lights

Mallo_Madrid

I'm halfway through season 4 and just wondering if anyone knows what the general reaction from fans and critics was like at them going in this direction? I'd go digging myself but I'm scared to for fear of spoilers.

I was really apprehensive and pretty pissed off to begin with but I have to say I'm loving it just as much as the first 3 seasons now. The only negative is that Minka Kelly is no longer around :(

I'm halfway through season 4 and just wondering if anyone knows what the general reaction from fans and critics was like at them going in this direction? I'd go digging myself but I'm scared to for fear of spoilers.

I was really apprehensive and pretty pissed off to begin with but I have to say I'm loving it just as much as the first 3 seasons now. The only negative is that Minka Kelly is no longer around :(

I think they were quite cynical at first from what I saw. Honestly, I found the change of making the Dillon Panthers dislikable all of a sudden a fairly ballsy move that I could take or leave. IMO they certainly amplified the antagonist's stupidity on it more which annoyed me immensly.

I was actually thinking to myself watching through the middle of season five just how much the cast has changed from the first three seasons.

Don't give up hope 8)

• 4 weeks later...

Caught up with my sky recordings last week and couldn't resist just downloading the rest.

What an incredible and powerful drama from start to finish. If it had not been for Landry's ridiculous murder storyline in season 2, it would have been the perfect show.

As for the ending...

Perfect. Happy endings all round is exactly how I want my TV shows wrapped up! The scenes between the Taylors and Matty during the finale were gold, I'm going to watch it again just for those scenes!

There's a big hole in my TV viewing life now :(

Edited by Rossco1893

The complete box set is out next month for £25. I've just Pre-ordered mine as I'm suffering badly from a FNL hangover. I've just not got any interest in starting another show quite yet, would rather watch this all over again first.

The complete box set is out next month for £25. I've just Pre-ordered mine as I'm suffering badly from a FNL hangover. I've just not got any interest in starting another show quite yet, would rather watch this all over again first.

Where have you pre-ordered from? Got the first series ages ago but a full box set would be brilliant. Think I've already watched this 3 times over.

Where have you pre-ordered from? Got the first series ages ago but a full box set would be brilliant. Think I've already watched this 3 times over.

Amazon. The release date is August 12th

Caught up with my sky recordings last week and couldn't resist just downloading the rest.

What an incredible and powerful drama from start to finish. If it had not been for Landry's ridiculous murder storyline in season 2, it would have been the perfect show.

As for the ending...

Perfect. Happy endings all round is exactly how I want my TV shows wrapped up! The scenes between the Taylors and Matty during the finale were gold, I'm going to watch it again just for those scenes!

There's a big hole in my TV viewing life now :(

Yeah, I broke and decided to power through the last three episodes as well.

Coach Taylor's face when Matt asked for his permission to Marry Julie.

I was never into American Football, but it certainly made me care quite a bit for it.

I also liked how they changed things up in season four, making the Dillon Panthers out to be the bad guys, bringing some of the lesser used characters into the limelight.

Gracie Bell must be the ugliest child to ever appear on television.

She looks like a fucking alien. No way could Connie Britton and Kyle Chandler with genes like theirs, produce something that sub-human.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got around to watching the end of this. It's a sad realisation that this programme is no more, although it was all tied up beautifully.

Some of the best characters on TV, in particular Eric Taylor, who I have decided I want to be when I grow up.

Just bought this and it arrived today - excellent. Have a greenie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Halfway through the second series of this. Possibly the cheesiest, most cliched show of all time but I fucking love it.

I'm the exact same. It doesn't pretend to be anything other than cheesy American shite, but it's brilliant.

Lyla Garrity though..........

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...