Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The original conversation was about ftp, are you saying rangers fans don't or have never chanted that?

No, people can like, hate who or what ever they want.

That is not the same as ftq,ftp.

No and I never have , kinky original point was a few people would no doubt claim offence to the hate the pope line , you were the one who seemed to bring up the whole ftp debate

Rehashed version of the 'f**k the IRA' song, Andy Haliday rhymes and they have added the lyrics 'he hates the pope and the IRA'

I have no idea if Andy does, they are probably guessing that due to being a Rangers fan then he does.

Personally I do not see the point in these songs, they are just there to wind up celtic fans, even though we have only played then once in past 3 years, the celtic fans do the same, tit for tat shite.

I do not know the pope so i certainly do not hate him, I think he is pointless, pretty much I think all religion is pointless. Hating the IRA is fair enough, I hate them too but it is well past time we stopped singing about it at fitbaw games or the tit for tat will go on forever and it is free ammunition for those who hate the club. Will never happen though, too many morons on both sides whose only purpose in life is to wind up the other morons.

Fair post.

I think it's the idea of there being two respesentatives of God on earth. The Queen from CoE fame and the Pope.

Both with wealth, privilege and systems in place to protect their interests. Both allegedly Christian.

Both very reliant in the more zealous aspects to keep the rest in line.

Although the Sunni/Shia divide makes this look very small by comparison.

I would be much more impressed if the former Old Firm would choose a side in that one!

Another fair post (which I have edited).

Edited by Wee Willie

Ftp is not the lyrics used though is it cloney ? Last I checked it was not illegal to hate the Pope , the queen or the IRA however distasteful it is

Can't say that I'm too keen on the auld fellow myself, maybe if he brings his church into the 21st century my opinions will change. Still we need to stop singing about him, it needs to be left in the past.

Don't mind the odd queen song tbf.

The ira stuff like the rest of it needs stopped and left in the past. (Both sides)

Dave's point, as I'm sure you're aware, is that (a) we are not lauded for it and (b) we don't chant FTP, we sometimes (seriously 3 or 4 times at home games in the last ten years) sing FTP and FTQ. This is intended to mock the ugly sisters for bringing these individuals into football. No hatred of the pope or the queen is involved. The fact this was lost on the bigot twins and caused a whole load of mouth-breathers to say "Why can they say it but we can't?", is why it's gone out of favour.

Whistle fans sing it to wind people up, same as most Rangers and Celtic fans do with their songs. It all needs stopped.

See?

Throw out a line about Scotland fans being like sevconians and reddied to fook because folk don't want associated with them :) , that's why the '2 cheeks' grates. Get it to fook.

Re your next post, my history is fine. Following Celtic for over 40 years and my non Catholic religion has never been an issue with the Celtic support.

My perceived religion however, has most certainly been an issue for rangers, hearts and Dundee fans over the years. And maybe you should read up on the jacobites yourself. Glorifying Unionists from 300 years ago isn't the sole job for sevconians ;)

I have been following Motherwell for a similar length of time and my perceived religion has only ever been an issue for Celtic and Rangers fans.

I have NEVER experienced sectarian abuse from any other fans.

I have been following Motherwell for a similar length of time and my perceived religion has only ever been an issue for Celtic and Rangers fans.

I have NEVER experienced sectarian abuse from any other fans.

This is exactly my experience following Queens, and indeed any game as a neutral where neither cheek was involved.

The majority of Rangers supporters chanting FTP haven't got a clue about why they hate the Catholic religion or the pope.

They do it out of moronic bigotry and tribalism.

The argument that Rangers supporters hate the pope due to some kind of moral standpoint is absolutely hilarious.

I posted in the 'things you want to share' thread a day or two back about attending a wee free prayer meeting type thing last Friday night.

Their King James book still has the foreword which includes 'traduced by Popists'.

Just-a-sayin'.

Surely it doesn't matter how many or how few are offended by the singing of FTP or FTQ.

It's the fact that it is sung to be offensive, lets face it if it was inoffensive it wouldn't be sung.

I can't stand the pope or the queen and hate everything they both stand for.

Who's going to sing a song that upsets me, I'm feeling left out :(

I can't stand the pope or the queen and hate everything they both stand for.

Who's going to sing a song that upsets me, I'm feeling left out :(

Romeo's a c***,

Romeo's a c***,

E I Addio,

Romeo's a c***.