Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Because your fans are lauded for chanting FTP and ours are excoriated. BTW don't give me any 'but we also...' shite. What I've said is true.

No we aren't, because no we don't. What you've said is completely untrue.

So please don't try and bring us into this wee discussion.

P&B has only capacity for shite puns or 100 variations on 'yer deid'. Anything outside of that is seen as weird.

Wee treat for you.

Your original club is naan bread

Dave's point, as I'm sure you're aware, is that (a) we are not lauded for it and (b) we don't chant FTP, we sometimes (seriously 3 or 4 times at home games in the last ten years) sing FTP and FTQ. This is intended to mock the ugly sisters for bringing these individuals into football. No hatred of the pope or the queen is involved. The fact this was lost on the bigot twins and caused a whole load of mouth-breathers to say "Why can they say it but we can't?", is why it's gone out of favour.

Dave's point, as I'm sure you're aware, is that (a) we are not lauded for it and (b) we don't chant FTP, we sometimes (seriously 3 or 4 times at home games in the last ten years) sing FTP and FTQ. This is intended to mock the ugly sisters for bringing these individuals into football. No hatred of the pope or the queen is involved. The fact this was lost on the bigot twins and caused a whole load of mouth-breathers to say "Why can they say it but we can't?", is why it's gone out of favour.

I understand the difference between Rangers supporters chanting FTP and Thistle supporters singing this but it seemed like he wasn't aware of the song.

No, but to say signing ftp,ftq possibly only offends a few morons is stupid.

No one said that , you did , kinky was originally talking about the lyrics "he hates the pope" , you were the one who brought ftp into it . Are you generally upset about someone stating someone might hate the pope ?

Edited by forever_blue

The majority of Rangers supporters chanting FTP haven't got a clue about why they hate the Catholic religion or the pope.

They do it out of moronic bigotry and tribalism.

The argument that Rangers supporters hate the pope due to some kind of moral standpoint is absolutely hilarious.

The majority of Rangers supporters chanting FTP haven't got a clue about why they hate the Catholic religion or the pope.

The argument that Rangers supporters hate the pope due to some kind of moral standpoint is absolutely hilarious.

Very well but who has said or claimed it to be any moral standpoint

I think it's the idea of there being two respesentatives of God on earth. The Queen from CoE fame and the Pope.

Both with wealth, privilege and systems in place to protect their interests. Both allegedly Christian.

Both very reliant in the more zealous aspects to keep the rest in line.

Although the Sunni/Shia divide makes this look very small by comparison.

I would be much more impressed if the former Old Firm would choose a side in that one!

Edited by Joe schmo