Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I agree.

Asking a few questions. I'm not saying that the running of the club should be totally transparent*, as fans, like anyone with a vested interest in any company, should have at least some trust that those charged with running the enterprise are doing so in an acceptable fashion. I am saying. though, that if there are suspicions that this is not the case, then there are fora where questions can be raised (fan engagement, AGM, EGM, etc.) and, if the answers given are unsatisfactory, then further digging can be done, by the fourth estate as well, if they sniff a story.

What fans of the late unlamented rangers did was cry "Conspiracy! Propaganda! Jealousy!". This was abetted by the likes of the Record/mail who know exactly who their customers are and what they want to read.

Football fans are obviously going to let on-field success obscure concerns of off-field issues, but did no rangers fans think, for example, "12million? To play in Scotland? Really?"

*Althugh, as we have seen, this is just one of the glib & shameless promises made to the horde by their latest saviour. And swallow swallowed whole by said entirely disparate and not homogenous at all group.

Celtic lost today...

OK you were quite subtle about it and tried to make yourself sound reasonable but your intention was to divert attention on to Rangers.

What about the billy boys and what about Rangers fans singing songs.

Sounds like the fabled whataboutery to me.

You're still not getting it. I'm shocked.

I clearly addressed and agreed with youngsy. I then went on to see if a man who (rightly) wants the word "Klan" banned from a forum is also partial to singing about being up to his knees in the red liquid of Roman Catholics -- I want to know if he's throwing stones from inside a glass house.

Edited by BinoBalls

I clearly addressed and agreed with youngsy. I then went on to see if a man who (rightly) wants the word "Klan" banned from a forum is also partial to singing about being up to his knees in the red liquid of Roman Catholics -- I want to know if he's throwing stones from inside a glass house.

Normally I'd have agreed with your glass house analogy (use it myself) but whenever a Rangers fan offers a similar comparison/analogy , whataboutery is shouted.

It's only whataboutery when it's a bear, cheers magees mate that's all I was after.

Normally I'd have agreed with your glass house analogy (use it myself) but whenever a Rangers fan offers a similar comparison/analogy , whataboutery is shouted.

It's only whataboutery when it's a bear, cheers magees mate that's all I was after.

You really are a laughably shite troll.

Your failure to shout "Whataboutery" when it's your turn is hardly anyone elses fault. Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

OK you were quite subtle about it and tried to make yourself sound reasonable but your intention was to divert attention on to Rangers.

What about the billy boys and what about Rangers fans singing songs.

Sounds like the fabled whataboutery to me.

I agree.

Celtic lost today...

And people say that orcs have no self-awareness...

Do me favour, son. Try and kid many of the posters on here but seriously i know how much of a bigot you are. The word Klan denotes racism amongst all right thinking people throughout the world and i, being part Jewish, for one am not prepared to accept this wording towards myself or any another Rangers fan in a jocular fashion on this forum. Keep going with this and we'll see where it goes.

eh...the KKK were formed by Scots in the American South...Rangers fans have been singing about being the 'billy boys' for decades.

Which part of that is me trying to kid anyone?!

Oh dear, looks like somebody didnt get the memo

Yup. That was me. You gave us fair warning and, through hubris, I overlooked it and had 2 days on the naughty step. Fair and reasonable moderating from you and not a word of complaint from me.

'Green Yins' and 'Currant Buns' both have sectarian underpinnings. 'The Horde', 'The Klan' and 'The Orcs' don't seem to be in the same ballpark - just standard fan-to-fan hatred.

DA, there is a reasonable conversation to be had about words, their use and how they are moderated.

I doubt I have much to add, though.

The figure, whatever it was, is simply expressed as "more than the club could or would offer to HMRC as a settlement." They had multiple chances to come to an arrangement with the taxman over a period of years, but chose not to engage.

The Mint offered HMRC £10M by way of settlement. Sensible piece of business given how much public money has been spunked since then. Not that that matters to small-minded morons.

then there are fora where questions can be raised

Norman on a roll I see and his favouring of 'Greek' plurals is a surprise to no one.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Listen, if ' up to your knees in f----- blood' is classed as offensive, where is the difference about 'up to your knees in Arab blood', as sung at the recent Dundee derby game. Arabs living in Britain may well be offended at that.

Someone give granddad a little half and put him to bed please. Edited by THE KING

Yup. That was me. You gave us fair warning and, through hubris, I overlooked it and had 2 days on the naughty step. Fair and reasonable moderating from you and not a word of complaint from me.

DA, there is a reasonable conversation to be had about words, their use and how they are moderated.

I doubt I have much to add, though.

The Mint offered HMRC £10M by way of settlement. Sensible piece of business given how much public money has been spunked since then. Not that that matters to small-minded morons.

Norman on a roll I see and his favouring of 'Greek' plurals is a surprise to no one.

Maybe if he'd been upfront*, if not from the start, then maybe a bit earlier...

Oh, and "fora" is a Latin plural.

*And the rest of the crooks up that famous marble staircase.

Some real deranged stuff from Rangers fan leaders on Twitter last night, it seems they cant go 5 mins without Tweeting about 'bheasts' and 'obsessed'

And that statement from GC ?!

Scary to think these people actually have a voice at the club!

Eta Honestly?

http://therst.co.uk/news/rst-statement-on-herald-action-over-graham-spiers/

Edited by THE KING

That was the old club company, shirley? Nothing to do with the renaissance organisation currently leading the fight against bigotry, bullying and, eh, awrat anti-gerz stuff.

Did we ever find out what "doing their utmost to eradicate bigotry" translates into English as? From them or your mob?

That was the old club company, shirley? Nothing to do with the renaissance organisation currently leading the fight against bigotry, bullying and, eh, awrat anti-gerz stuff.

Did we ever find out what "doing their utmost to eradicate bigotry" translates into English as? From them or your mob?

yes it means ignoring it until something happens then say you're doing all you can.

No i'm not partial to singing about up to my knees in the red liquid of RCs. With many family members of the Catholic faith it's not something i partake in. Certainly many years ago i sang Orange songs at certain games, i'm speaking about the late 60s here. However this is a football forum and imo the term 'The Klan' implies that all Rangers fans are racist, something that i've never been. It should be banned.

eh...the KKK were formed by Scots in the American South...Rangers fans have been singing about being the 'billy boys' for decades. Which part of that is me trying to kid anyone?!

The word "Klan" is clearly inappropriate.

The KKK is an organisation notorious for racism, bigotry, violence, intimidation, etc., and mainly composed of insecure, socially-disadvantaged and poorly-educated white males.

Rangers fans, on the other hand, have proved themselves incapable of forming an organisation.