Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Why are you adamant that Spiers was telling lies?

It's simply because if he's not, it would reflect badly on a football team you like.

The man has made a career out of lying out his arse , so why should I believe this story to be any difference , as I said if there is an email I have no doubts that spiers will have completely taken it out of context , another of his famed journalistic qualities

Spiersy wrote an article which was questioned by the Rangers board and the bold Graham couldn't back his story up.

The herald and spiers apologise, its accepted.

Bears go online and the rip the pish out of him.

Spiers ego can't handle this, along with Ms H, Jamesy bhoy, Matthew etc egging him on he basically calls his employers liars.

Ms H launches an astounding attack on bears, rfc, her employers and everyone else. Despite being told to tone things doon when she got the Sunday herald job.

Both of them are sacked.

Bears continue to laugh.

hows about;

Spiers is telling the truth about a director and email traffic from to ibrox discussing it.

Spiers puts it to paper but cant print names.

Rfc call the herald and spiers to ask for proof, whilst asking about the Parks of Hamilton advertising package, herald bottle it.

Herald prevents Spiers from commenting further and from accessing Herald emails, work out some sort of an attempt at appeasement which suggests faults or inaccuracies as opposed to he said/no i didnae, annoying Spiers and causing him to make his own statement and in effect resign.

Haggarty got the bag for diminshing the effect of the Heralds statement by backing Spiers.

In the end the Spiers issue comes down to can he prove that the conversation with the director happened. Not being able to prove it doesnt neccessarily mean he's a liar.

I don't need to , spiers made the statement , so untill he shows or provides evidence then there is a right to remain sceptical

Do you have irrefutable evidence of every conversation you've participated in?

This quest for proof of everything is bonkers.

I've little doubt that Tonev used racist language towards a player last year. I base this on the balance of probability.

It's the same here.

I've little doubt that Tonev used racist language towards a player last year. I base this on the balance of probability.

It's the same here.

Did spiers not state this was an email exchange ? Quite easy to back up the evidence if so

It is simple really, Britney Shears can clear this all up by simply publishing the email via his own twitter account or blog.

If he does this then we can make up our own mind if the comments (if they exist) were taken out of context.

If he does not do this then it is clear he nothing more than a lying chunt.

assuming he owns the emails and not the Herald.

The Parks sponsorship/advertising within the Herald was something I seen on robbie dinwoodies twitter, I think he states it as being worth £40k.

It's the same here.

So if someone made up a statement about you in your work which could result in you looking bad , possibly sacked and the company you work for and potentially get you in a lot of trouble , you would not request proof of the accusation . That is what spiers has done here

It is simple really, Britney Shears can clear this all up by simply publishing the email via his own twitter account or blog.

If he does this then we can make up our own mind if the comments (if they exist) were taken out of context.

Yeah, that would be the only reason for him not doing it.

Did spiers not state this was an email exchange ? Quite easy to back up the evidence if so

Genuine question: Did he?

I know that related e-mails have been mentioned. Is it claimed though that the "great song" remark was contained in an e-mail? I'm really not sure if that's the case or not.

So if someone made up a statement about you in your work which could result in you looking bad , possibly sacked and the company you work for and potentially get you in a lot of trouble , you would not request proof of the accusation . That is what spiers has done here

No, it isn't

Edited by dave.j

If It was made up, of course I'd feel very aggrieved.

If it wasn't, I'd be very worried.

Either way, I'd want the situation to go away.

You can't get away from your absolute conviction that Spiers has simply made this up. Once more, I think that's bonkers.

I took it that it was a verbal conversation and then there was emails following his story.

Tedi you are as biased as Bennett is prone to making things up. You can't just magically decide someone is definitely lying based on your personal opinion of them.

Not it isn't

How isn't it, he has said that a director at rangers has stated "the billy boys is a great song " , this puts the individuals position in question if he has supported it in the context spiers makes it out to be , rangers are right to question it and demand proof , I would be saying the exact same thing if a similar story had broke out with the other mhob

depending on the allegation definite proof isnt needed, only a balance of probability type of judgement.

If a bus driver is alleged to have called a passenger a name, and the full bus of passengers heard him, its their word against his. But the considerations have to be that it likely happened against why would they make it up.

How isn't it, he has said that a director at rangers has stated "the billy boys is a great song " , this puts the individuals position in question if he has supported it in the context spiers makes it out to be , rangers are right to question it and demand proof , I would be saying the exact same thing if a similar story had broke out with the other mhob

Which individual?

Without a name then no one's position is in question.

What's your view of Shay Logan's serious allegation against Tonev?

Yet more paranoia, this really is all you guys have got.

It is all 'we' guys have aye. In the absence of irrefutable definite facts with signed statements, we make suggestions and imagine things. Only I imagine a reason or a basis for things whilst others shout "witch" like the monty python witch hunters