Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

He also said "Remember how we're not sectarian anymore" or some such, before belting out his anthems of hate against a religious minority. Imagine defending your chairman's right to do such a thing. There's no hope with some of you people.

He sang one song that isn't sectarian.

Songs....more than one....plural....

And he was quite keen on the Famine Song from what I remember .

In 1999 leading QC Donald Findlay resigned his position as vice chairman of Rangers after he was caught on video singing a sectarian song, The Billy Boys, after the Rangers v Celtic Scottish Cup final.
He was also fined £3,500 by the Faculty of Advocates.
Must be shyte at law if he did nowt wrong.

As i stated previously, he sang 'The Sash my Father Wore', that was the only song he sang that night.

Edited by youngsy

Explain to someone arriving from outer space the link between the sport of football and this Protestant supremacy bullshit that bear-kind wallow in.

Where has anyone mentioned 'Protestant Supremacy' on this particular topic, apart from you that is.

I'm pretty sure it was a medley of sectarian filth that Findlay offered, rather than just the one song. Youngsy claiming otherwise doesn't exactly send me off for a re-think about my recollections.

There you go again, 'pretty sure' that's all and once again you're wrong and as someone who was there at the Cup Final night in the Edmiston, as i was at many before and after, Donald Findlay sang one song,' The Sash My Father Wore', at a private party which was no business of anyone else who wasn't in the vicinity.

He sang one song that isn't sectarian.

As i stated previously, he sang 'The Sash my Father Wore', that was the only song he sang that night.

Big party and just one song? Sounds a bit shit. I doubt the Protestant Supremacy would've allowed him to get away without an encore.

The charge was 'songs' was it not? That's what he got fined for. Songs. Not 'song'.

Was it only the one that was filmed ?

If it was wrong I'm sure he would've weasled out if it.

Big party and just one song? Sounds a bit shit. I doubt the Protestant Supremacy would've allowed him to get away without an encore.

The charge was 'songs' was it not? That's what he got fined for. Songs. Not 'song'.

Was it only the one that was filmed ?

If it was wrong I'm sure he would've weasled out if it.

Oh, it was a great party, treble winners and a good singsong by many people, although Findlay didn't do an encore, he was asked but declined. He was still very good at singing that famous Ulster folk song, though.

There you go again, 'pretty sure' that's all and once again you're wrong and as someone who was there at the Cup Final night in the Edmiston, as i was at many before and after, Donald Findlay sang one song,' The Sash My Father Wore', at a private party which was no business of anyone else who wasn't in the vicinity.

I'm pretty sure your recollections are flawed.

I think he sang a few songs and that 'The Billy Boys' was among them.

I think I'm right and you're wrong.

Oh, it was a great party, treble winners and a good singsong by many people, although Findlay didn't do an encore, he was asked but declined. He was still very good at singing that famous Ulster folk song, though.

Imagine even wanting your chairman to sing an Ulster folk song.

Usually Youngsy, your incoherent posts just provoke mirth. These latest ones induce despair though.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I'm pretty sure your recollections are flawed. I think he sang a few songs and that 'The Billy Boys' was among them. I think I'm right and you're wrong.

Is that what you think? Well as far as i'm concerned i think you're an arrogant w anker who is wrong. Now tell me as Rangers have a large support from Ulster why shouldn't Findlay sing a song which is not sectarian and is recognised as an Ulster folk song. Findlay did not break the law that night, he sang a song at a private function, nothing else so do us all a favour and cut out the faux outrage and shock about a song at a function which had nothing whatsoever to do with you.

BBC and independent and guardian all claim Findlay sang The Billy Boys at some point or other. They could well be wrong though.

But why did Findlay resign if it wasn't a sectarian song, youngsy? Why was he fined £3,500 by the faculty of advocates?

Youngsy was there, Findlay only sang the one song, Youngsy was there. It was a private party disnae matter what he done.

To be fair to Youngsy - he's nearly 100 years old and he regulary pishes his trousers so he probably THINKS he was there. :P

Is that what you think? Well as far as i'm concerned i think you're an arrogant w anker who is wrong. Now tell me as Rangers have a large support from Ulster why shouldn't Findlay sing a song which is not sectarian and is recognised as an Ulster folk song. Findlay did not break the law that night, he sang a song at a private function, nothing else so do us all a favour and cut out the faux outrage and shock about a song at a function which had nothing whatsoever to do with you.

The Ulster connection should not be encouraged as it's entirely divisive.

There's nothing faux about my outrage.

The songs he sang had plenty to do with me. I'm a member of the society he makes worse by singing and that you make worse with your support for him.

And Scotsman said it was two songs: http://www.scotsman.com/news/the-two-faces-of-donald-findlay-qc-1-714392

Mr Findlay's comments have surprised those who felt the prominent lawyer had successfully rehabilitated himself after his public disgrace in 1999. The then vice-chairman of Rangers Football Club was filmed at a post-season party singing The Sash, and another anti-Catholic song that included the lyric "up to our necks in ****** blood".

The pictures were splashed over the national press and the video was played on television. Mr Findlay was forced to resign from the board of Rangers Football Club and stand down as rector of St Andrews University. He was also fined 3,500 by the Faculty of Advocates

And Scotsman said it was two songs: http://www.scotsman.com/news/the-two-faces-of-donald-findlay-qc-1-714392Mr Findlay's comments have surprised those who felt the prominent lawyer had successfully rehabilitated himself after his public disgrace in 1999. The then vice-chairman of Rangers Football Club was filmed at a post-season party singing The Sash, and another anti-Catholic song that included the lyric "up to our necks in ****** blood".

The pictures were splashed over the national press and the video was played on television. Mr Findlay was forced to resign from the board of Rangers Football Club and stand down as rector of St Andrews University. He was also fined 3,500 by the Faculty of Advocates

They'll pounce on "necks" instead of "knees", in order to prove that the entire thing's a fabrication.

They'll pounce on "necks" instead of "knees", in order to prove that the entire thing's a fabrication.

:lol: I had exactly the same thought.

If I recall correctly, the video on the news I saw was Findlay just joining in with all the other fans at the party in the billy boys sing song. He wasn't doing a solo with a mic or anything. Maybe that's why youngsy is insisting he only sang The Sash.

There's an interview with him where he says he considered suicide, hardly the words of man who sang one "non-sectarian" song.