Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I have not cleared anyone, so far all that has happened is that a newspaper apologised for a piece that one of its journalists who has lied in the past, wrote.

Spiers then created a blog to proclaim he was correct to write the story, he gives no facts to support his version of events, nor do you. What you class as 'balance of probability' actually means 'my experience born out of years of prejudice' in other words id doesn't really count.

Spier's had no issue with the apology until the bears on twitter started ripping the nish out of him, then it looks like his ego took over and he basically called his employer a liar.

Also with Ms H, Matthew and the Lhads egging him on, you knew that Graham would do something really amusing.

We go from a definite Spiers is right and never lied to a ....

On the balance of probability I feel....

Sly old monkey has stuck in his get out clause but a little too late.

Don't be daft Bennett.

The two posts you quote say essentially the same thing.

Of course I can't claim to be literally certain about the contents of a conversation I didn't hear.

I can however feel pretty sure about what seems very likely.

That's all that's happened here. There has been no dilution in my sense of certainty here.

I don't need a get out clause. If I'm wrong, I'm simply wrong.

Don't be daft Bennett.

The two posts you quote say essentially the same thing.

Of course I can't claim to be literally certain about the contents of a conversation I didn't hear.

I can however feel pretty sure about what seems very likely.

That's all that's happened here. There has been no dilution in my sense of certainty here.

I don't need a get out clause. If I'm wrong, I'm simply wrong.

More contradictory nonsense from you.

and there it is, Monks condemns someone without even knowing his identity and without proof on nothing more than prejudices, that imo is bordering on a bigoted frame of mind.

You think Spiers made this all up out of thin air, because you think he doesn't like Rangers?

And you're calling other people paranoid!

Wasn't that long ago Donald Findlay was filmed singing TBB. And the vast majority of Rangers fans have sang it at one point in their lives. Thousands of them were at it a month ago. It's hardly unthinkable that a director said he liked the song. It *is* actually quite a powerful chant but its content is wrong and it needs stopped.

I just don't see how you can flat out call Spiers a liar. No "not sure about that" or "I doubt that"... Just straight to "liar". The man himself is sticking by what he said.

I wonder if in a parallel universe there is Tedi the Celtic fan. You need to get away from assessing the validity of a point from purerly based on who is saying it and what team you think they support.

Couldn't give a rubber duck!

Ffs. Please don't mention apple and pears. You know what they're like and taking offense where none is intended.

And why has Tedi got a hard on for that rhat blogger? He was outed eons ago.

Edited by Njord

You think Spiers made this all up out of thin air, because you think he doesn't like Rangers?

Wasn't that long ago Donald Findlay was filmed singing TBB. And the vast majority of Rangers fans have sang it at one point in their lives. Thousands of them were at it a month ago. It's hardly unthinkable that a director said he liked the song. It *is* actually quite a powerful chant but its content is wrong and it needs stopped.

I just don't see how you can flat out call Spiers a liar. No "not sure about that" or "I doubt that"... Just straight to "liar". The man himself is sticking by what he said.

I wonder if in a parallel universe there is Tedi the Celtic fan. You need to get away from assessing the validity of a point from purerly based on who is saying it and what team you think they support.

Would a director really say that to spiers, of all people?

If spiers has proof then the herald would have told Rangers to f off and would not have apologised.

Well when they blog about Rangers , we have every right to keep up to date and have an interest in what they are saying What it has to with a sel... Sorry thistle fan I Havnae got a fucking scooby

That's fine if you discuss what they are saying.

But that's not what happens.

We go from a definite Spiers is right and never lied to a ....

On the balance of probability I feel....

Sly old monkey has stuck in his get out clause but a little too late.

So a bit like your posts on the bears fightback thread.

You don't need to visit a parallel universe to meet that guy. He's here in this one sadly, among thousands of peers.

You just need to look for him among those who went to a different type of school from Ted.

findlay was not caught singing the billy boys

Donald Findlay sang 'The Sash my Father wore', not the Billy Boys, do get it right. The reason i know this; i was there at the Cup Final night, he said before he sang it that, "no doubt the Daily Record will hear about this". I still don't know what the problem was, he was at a private party and the song is not sectarian. He was very good at singing it as well.

Donald Findlay sang 'The Sash my Father wore', not the Billy Boys, do get it right. The reason i know this; i was there at the Cup Final night, he said before he sang it that, "no doubt the Daily Record will hear about this". I still don't know what the problem was, he was at a private party and the song is not sectarian. He was very good at singing it as well.

He also said "Remember how we're not sectarian anymore" or some such, before belting out his anthems of hate against a religious minority.

Imagine defending your chairman's right to do such a thing.

There's no hope with some of you people.

Probably worth asking here:

What would a journalist get out of making up a story, even one as unremarkable as this and then continuing to stand by it, even after his employers have caved in to the source of the story?

The answer is - a load of grief from his boss, and a load of grief from random football fans. And that's it - no upside, no personal benefit at all.

Why would anyone voluntarily incur such levels of grief, when it'd be far more in his interest to just keep quiet?

Well, either because

- Spiers just pure hates the Rangers and is on a mad quest to make them look bad, or

- Because he's telling the truth.

I don't think you have to be Sherlock Holmes to work out which of these conclusions is most likely to be accurate.

And you'll be wrong.

Donald Findlay QC, said last night the embarrassing controversy that erupted after he was caught on film singing sectarian songs

Songs....more than one....plural....

And he was quite keen on the Famine Song from what I remember .