Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Highly respected position within his profession?

So when the man who lived with an editor of a celtic fanzine which included a cartoon family called 'dirty orange B******s' said 'Perth is not a footballing town' then you accept his highly respected opinion then?

or when he said '35,000 Celtic fans singing The fields of Athenry made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up' a sentiment you would agree with?

Was your hero respected journalist correct when he said 'Compare and contrast their (Rangers) shameful behaviour with that of Celtic, who on the road to Seville last season, represented Scottish football immaculately' Really? So the stabbing in seville, the riot in Blackburn, the provo banners, booing Porto during the trophy presentation, planes being diverted to Cardiff were all examples of immaculate behavior Graham?

Something closer to home Wullie? I think it is safe to say you know the chant 'nice one Simmy' Spiers in a piece just after a match between Rangers and Aberdeen commented on the Aberdeen`s fans rendition on the chant and claimed it was a tribute to Jimmy Calderwood, blind ignorance then? somehow I do not think so since prior to this piece he had once oozed class with this line 'Rangers fans carry this around with them in much the same way as Phil Boersma carried Durrant[/size]

I could go on about all the times he waxes lyrical about 'wonderful dinners' and 'enjoyable evenings' spent in the company of celtic legends and managers and of course his pal 'lenny'

Aye Graham is a highly respected Journalist offering a neutral view on all things Rangers so he is.

Jesus, Ted. Such paranoid ramblings.

I said that the director "clearly said this thing" on the basis that it's far more unlikely that Spiers would simply make such a thing up, then repeat it, than it is that a Rangers director would say something so stupid.

Obviously, I can't prove this any more readily than you can disprove it.

I'm perfectly content to conclude that Spiers is telling the truth here though. The alternative is altogether more fanciful.

Jesus, Ted. Such paranoid ramblings.

I said that the director "clearly said this thing" on the basis that it's far more unlikely that Spiers would simply make such a thing up, then repeat it, than it is that a Rangers director would say something so stupid.

Obviously, I can't prove this any more readily than you can disprove it.

I'm perfectly content to conclude that Spiers is telling the truth here though. The alternative is altogether more fanciful.

You obvioulsy have never heard of spiers before

LOL Wullie, when did you turn into this paranoid wreck, the Gherald and Spiers have never been shy of printing negative stories about Rangers, the difference in this scario was that Spiers obviously lied.

The man and his new blog has now been reduced to the same level of Rangers obsessed rejects like Philip, who lie frequently about our club.

The "Gherald" ?

Imagine a bloke in his forties actually writing that down. Jesus, it's much worse than I'd thought.

Clearly? So you'll be able to tell me which Director said it and what was said then.

In your own good time Cletus.

Of course I can't tell you details I don't know. What a stupid thing to say.

On the balance of probability however, I feel certain that Spiers has not made this up. I think the suggestion that he simply has, is nuts.

On the balance of probability however, I feel certain that Spiers has not made this up. I think the suggestion that he simply has, is nuts.

As I said , if there is an email it has probably been taken completely out of context , spiersy is famed for it

As I said , if there is an email it has probably been taken completely out of context , spiersy is famed for it

I suspect the comment itself is not in an e-mail. Surely, no director is thick enough to put such sentiment in writing.

I think the initial comment was probably made verbally and that any subsequent correspondence alludes to that remark.

I'd be very surprised if any e-mail proves conclusive.

and you call me paranoid :lol: the difference being that my ramblings are based on things that Spiers has actually said and are in the public domain. Despite this you are willing to take Spiers at his word even though the paper he works for has issued an apology, you are also willing to condemn a unknown director of Rangers because??? he happens to be a director of Rangers.

No doubt if some email trundles its way out of KDS, then you will, like a lemming, just believe its authenticity based on nothing more than your own prejudices.

Have I got previous for lapping up the output of KDS?

Spiers has qualified the apology by reiterating the central initial allegation.

I'd be truly astounded if he'd chosen to simply make such a thing up. Believing that a director said something stupid requires no similar leap of the imagination.

It really is a case of your prejudices preventing you from recognising this, because you perceive Spiers as pro-Celtic.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

and there it is, Monks condemns someone without even knowing his identity and without proof on nothing more than prejudices, that imo is bordering on a bigoted frame of mind.

And you feel qualified to clear this unknown individual, despite a similar absence of proof.

We're both making judgements that perhaps reflect our preferred readings. Mine however, has the additional strength of being supported by the balance of probability.

Don't imply bigotry on my part Ted.

The fact that the apology implied that Spiers had made up the allegation about what a director said to him about the 'Billy Boys' song.

Clearly, it wasn't made up. Clearly, a director did in fact say this thing. Clearly, not every board member is as desperate to stamp out manifestations of bigotry, as the Herald apology suggests.

We go from a definite Spiers is right and never lied to a ....

On the balance of probability I feel....

Sly old monkey has stuck in his get out clause but a little too late.

I have not cleared anyone, so far all that has happened is that a newspaper apologised for a piece that one of its journalists who has lied in the past, wrote.

Spiers then created a blog to proclaim he was correct to write the story, he gives no facts to support his version of events, nor do you. What you class as 'balance of probability' actually means 'my experience born out of years of prejudice' in other words id doesn't really count.

Spier's had no issue with the apology until the bears on twitter started ripping the nish out of him, then it looks like his ego took over and he basically called his employer a liar.

Also with Ms H, Matthew and the Lhads egging him on, you knew that Graham would do something really amusing.

We go from a definite Spiers is right and never lied to a ....

On the balance of probability I feel....

Sly old monkey has stuck in his get out clause but a little too late.

Don't be daft Bennett.

The two posts you quote say essentially the same thing.

Of course I can't claim to be literally certain about the contents of a conversation I didn't hear.

I can however feel pretty sure about what seems very likely.

That's all that's happened here. There has been no dilution in my sense of certainty here.

I don't need a get out clause. If I'm wrong, I'm simply wrong.

Don't be daft Bennett.

The two posts you quote say essentially the same thing.

Of course I can't claim to be literally certain about the contents of a conversation I didn't hear.

I can however feel pretty sure about what seems very likely.

That's all that's happened here. There has been no dilution in my sense of certainty here.

I don't need a get out clause. If I'm wrong, I'm simply wrong.

More contradictory nonsense from you.